Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15 weeks....minimal fading
04-01-2009, 05:15 PM,
15 weeks....minimal fading
Just got two full caps back from the factory that were identical to the unit I am currently wearing. They went in for ventilation corrections. The specs were identical. I was anxious to get them to compare color change.

The hair on the left is from my current unit which is the first unit that I have had that was tested with 100% Blue Max products. Shampoo, conditioner, and serum.

Here are the results. The hair on the right is the new hair.

[Image: IMGP4213.jpg]

You can see there is some color change. The tones are warmer, but I personally haven't had a unit go nearly 4 months with such little change in color.

Keep in mind that this is without ANY color enhancements, not even conditioner. I did spend a few days in the sun, most of the time I covered up with a cap, but there was at least one day that I was out in full Florida sunlight without a hat for hours.

This unit that has had virtually zero shedding, and the hair is a little drier than it was on day one, but MUCH softer than any piece has ever been at the 4 month mark.

Needless to say I'm pretty pleased.
04-01-2009, 05:17 PM,
Re: 15 weeks....minimal fading
Oh yea, and the factory knocked it out of the park with the corrections.

I need to get one cut in now but I am going to let Debbie cut the other one in at the convention if she gets time. These things are going to look AWESOME.
04-03-2009, 05:40 AM,
Sounds wonderful man!!

What is the best way to use the Serum to get best results? Maybe once per week straight after washing and let it dry in? Or should I mix it into the conditioner?

thanks
04-03-2009, 04:01 PM,
Mr.Burns Wrote:Sounds wonderful man!!

What is the best way to use the Serum to get best results? Maybe once per week straight after washing and let it dry in? Or should I mix it into the conditioner?

thanks

You can add a drop to your current conditioner or just about any styling product, but always use it after each time you wash. Pat the hair to remove excess moisture, squeeze a small amount into your hand and rub through the hair. I use a wide tooth comb to get it spread out well. If you are using the right shampoo and conditioner and follow it with the serum, you can run a comb through the hair without any damage, but if the hair isn't in good shape or you feel any snags, of course don't force the comb.

Once it is distributed through the hair let it dry normally.

You can use it again in between washings, but it might make the hair look a little different (a little more shine). This may or may not be desirable for you. With a full cap there is no color or texture match so it's a non-issue for me. If you spent some time in the sun and the hair feels a little dry mid week, spray it with a leave-in conditioner and re-apply some serum.

Either way, it is impossible to damage the hair by using too much. The most you will get is a little buildup (which is what changes the look of the hair) that should wash out the next time you shampoo.
04-03-2009, 10:30 PM,
JRob Wrote:You can add a drop to your current conditioner or just about any styling product, but always use it after each time you wash. Pat the hair to remove excess moisture, squeeze a small amount into your hand and rub through the hair. I use a wide tooth comb to get it spread out well. If you are using the right shampoo and conditioner and follow it with the serum, you can run a comb through the hair without any damage, but if the hair isn't in good shape or you feel any snags, of course don't force the comb.

Once it is distributed through the hair let it dry normally.

This is what I did yesterday after washing, and then I left it to dry. The hair was looking great afterwards and very soft.
04-04-2009, 06:38 AM,
Mr.Burns Wrote:This is what I did yesterday after washing, and then I left it to dry. The hair was looking great afterwards and very soft.

Keep doing this after every wash and the hair will last longer, look and feel better, and hold color longer.

The shampoo and conditioner are in the graphic design and packaging development stage. The only thing after that is for them to schedule production. Should have everything in a few weeks. Can't wait for you guys to be able to try it. I'm like a proud papa...haha.
04-06-2009, 09:42 PM,
Excellent JRob. As long as it isn't much more expensive than the Pureology I will be happy Smile
04-08-2009, 01:45 AM,
Jrob,
what are the specs of those pieces you have there?

Could you please do me a massive favour mate, could you put some wax in your hair, style it up a bit, and take a photo for me. My piece should be arriving very soon and am starting to have my doubts, i just need to see a photo of your hair with product in it to make me feel better!! lol Big Grin
04-08-2009, 07:37 AM,
Don't worry Dale, you'll do fine, especially with a younger, modern style.

The specs are:

-#64 lace with SFS hairline and temples
-Forward vent straight hair
-65% density top and temples, 68% sides, and 70% back (but in reality they are more like 68 top, 60 sides, 55 temples, and 65% back)
-Color #17 with 20% #14 suntreak highlights

Looking at the pic again I think the camera accentuates the color difference. They are even closer in person. As long as it doesn't start to look too brassy I am going to avoid any color correction and see how many shades it loses over the course of its lifespan.
04-10-2009, 01:24 AM,
Just ordered some a' that serum.