Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the units being made a new way?
04-05-2009, 06:53 AM,
Are the units being made a new way?
Just got a new unit yesterday, haven't tried cutting in because wanted to ask for some feedback first. My units used to come back with pleats in the lace to match the curvature of the template/head. This system has no pleats but is a single sheet of lace that is gathered into shape by circular clear threads that sort of "purse string" the piece into a shape. When I tried to comb piece with my usual wide smooth toothed Goody comb it caught one of those threads and the whole unit curled up. When the unit is stretched, the opposite side gathers up in ripples. Have any of you gotten a new unit recently and is this the case with yours and is there any advise you might give me as I have never had a piece like this in 15 years. I have had a few in the past with support threads woven around in circles but I don't recall them being what was used to keep the piece in a shape. Gel
04-05-2009, 09:39 AM,
Re: Are the units being made a new way?
Jeff,
I have forwarded your post to the factory to get their input on this. I know of no change in procedures. Please return the unit and I'll have it re-made.
Regards,
John
04-05-2009, 11:54 AM,
I have had a few like that.I just cut the polly line out and its perfect after that.I did the same thing you did with the comb and it got real small,etc.No problems after cutting the string.
04-05-2009, 04:48 PM,
There is no exact way they are made, Sometimes they are made with circular thread and some with pleats, Both are used to form the curvature, For the most undetechable circular threading is much better as pleats require folding of the lace make it thicker at those points.
04-06-2009, 05:54 AM,
Jeff...I too have just received a new unit the same applies to mine in reference to the circular threading...However I noticed that the density isn't even close to what my other 65% units are. The density of course on the sides and back are ok...but the top is really thin...I didn't notice just how thin it was until I had it cut in...Now it it really noticeable...It looks like I am really starting to lose my hair. Also the tape is not sticking at all to the unit..I have been using ST30 all along but this unit it just won't stick...I even washed it a couple of times before I had it cut in. I know I will not be able to wear this one. Cheers
04-06-2009, 08:58 AM,
It doesnt seem to please anyone. BA or John, is there a possibility to request to stop making it this way and get back to the old way?
04-06-2009, 09:37 PM,
Some of my newer SFS units also used the string. But the #64 always seems to be pleated, perhaps cos it's thicker material?

wheels07 Wrote:I noticed that the density isn't even close to what my other 65% units are. The density of course on the sides and back are ok...but the top is really thin...

I also have had this issue with a couple of pieces recently - they seem to be making the front hairlines more graduated at the moment, despite instructions to make it thick.
04-07-2009, 11:47 AM,
I have received my first order and noticed the 70% density looked less than that
on the front. Perhaps it will look better once I get it cut in?
It will work for this first time but thinking of ordering 75% with my next order.
The quality of hair is superb but the density could be better.

Rich~