Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie girl, looking for an answer on Qs from other girls?
04-18-2009, 09:04 AM,
Newbie girl, looking for an answer on Qs from other girls?
Hey guys,

As an established member of Hair Club for nearly three years now, I have become fed up with paying so much money every single month ($439) for my unit and program. So one day I decided to search on Google for alternatives, and found TopLace.

So, I spoke to John about three weeks ago about placing an order (lol, actually as I was on the phone with him, my dog ran into me and I had to go to the hospital with a concussion. Niiiice.. so John if you see this, I'm sorry if I was loopy towards the end of our conversation! I was concussed! Tongue).

Anyway, I'm going to be sending him my old HC unit as then they'd be able to measure it and I could determine which lace unit is right for me. He said I could get highlights, but I was curious as to how many I am allowed to get? I noticed this forum is primarily male dominated, so girls with TopLace, how long is your hair? I want to get it very, very long, and somewhat similar with highlights as my hair is now (attached.. this is my new HC system as of 4/1/09):

I'd like to get something similar to that, with the main base a LITTLE lighter brown. Do you guys think that's feasible?

Also, girls, how do you glue your hair on without your hair getting in it? Do you clip it on top of your head? I plan to wear my hair to bed and keep it glued on as long as possible (I think the longest is 3-4 weeks with the strongest glue?), so I'm curious as to how that works for anyone who wears that long?

Thank you for reading.

Attached Files Image(s)

04-18-2009, 10:16 AM,
Re: Newbie girl, looking for an answer on Qs from other girls?
Well since no one has responded yet, I wanted to say welcome and you are in good hands at Toplace. One of the best women to speak with on here would be Debbie and I am sure that she will post a response when she sees your request for info. I do not have "very" long hair, but it is longer than most of the guys who post on this site. I start with 7"hair and it is slightly shorter when cut. I do everyday activities including sleep with the hair attached for about three weeks at a time. I clip the hair up when attaching, ( there's a manly picture)but I use tape st-30 for the perimeter and glue for the front. Actually the hair is easier to get out of the way when it is longer. I probably haven't answered much, but you will save money and your cleanup will take less time than the drive to and from your HCM appt. The look and quality will please you as well.
Zappa
04-18-2009, 11:48 AM,
PRAISE THE LORD! Big Grin

Its about time us women started talking.....Sorry men, you ain't the only ones with hair loss. I gotta say "newbie girl/Zappa" your hair piece looks AMAZING! I love the highlighting, the bangs/fringe....thats the type of style I'm looking for too. I have worn hair pieces for the last 5 years. I'm still not used to them though. However I do EVERYTHING with them, sleep with them, swim etc etc. I tend to use glue at the front hair line and tape at the back. I clean it every 2 weeks. The front glue area needs reattaching every week or so.

Newbie, any chance you can send me your hair pics, so I can show the stylist what I want. Can you send me a private message?

I have a few questions:

Q1 Ok, my problem is, my hair is starting to grow back. I want to wear a full hair piece, but without shaving my head. I don't want integration pieces. Any suggestions?

Q2.How much does a toplace say 18inch length cost?

Q3. Does anyone know anyone in Phoenix Arizona, who can take hair template measurements? I've contacted Debbie, and she has tried to find someone, without any luck.....
04-18-2009, 12:17 PM,
Thank you very much!

I have FOUR different colors in it. 3 from HC as they only let you do a maximum of 3 (main color, than 2 high light colors) and I begged them to add more blonde, lol. So there's four colors.

I'll go ahead and send you the high quality pic of it right now!

edit- -- Hm.. for some reason I am not authorized to send PM's.
so, here's just a link to my hair color close-up---
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i44.tinypic.com/w1493k.jpg">http://i44.tinypic.com/w1493k.jpg</a><!-- m -->
&
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i40.tinypic.com/mab2fo.jpg">http://i40.tinypic.com/mab2fo.jpg</a><!-- m -->
04-18-2009, 07:04 PM,
The 4 colors add CRAZY realism.

I'm not a female, but I wear a full cap with highlights and I can say from experience that multiple colors take hair replacement to another level.

When you place an order with John I would recommend sending a couple of your pics. It's a lot easier for them to match up with a pic than trying to explain it in words.

I think what you have now looks fantastic. You just need to get TL to replicate it for a fraction of the cost and you will be good to go.

You ladies should really consider attending the Windsor convention in September. More and more men are going to full caps, and if us guys can get these things to look good with 1/4" hair, you can be sure that longer hair can look even better on a man or a woman.
04-18-2009, 07:37 PM,
Sometimes the highlighting isn't that great from the factory. So unless they can duplicate it exactly, I'd suggest having someone else highlight them. This is not an insult on the factory at all. Its just a fact that highlighting can be difficult, especially if you don't know how they are going to lay or the head shape of the person.
04-19-2009, 05:18 AM,
Haven't had highlights that are THAT complex done, so I wouldn't know how they tend to come back with that much going on, but I hate throwing any more chemicals in the hair than necessary. I had to lighten my first two full caps and it didn't do the hair any favors.

That said, I used relaxer on my current full cap on the sides and the hair is still perfect after more than 4 months.

I'm sure the quality of the hair you start with is a big factor as well.
04-19-2009, 06:12 AM,
just a side note. there used to be a whole community of girls on here who used to talk. If you search the old forum, for names like izzy, cin, i think linda. you will s ee many posts by woman talking about many different issues.
04-19-2009, 06:21 AM,
hey there-
That system you have there is gorgeous. I'm sure you'll be happy with the savings you get with TL. Smile

My system is 18" long. I apply it with st-30 tape on the sides and back, and then Oil Resistant White Glue for the front. I do an i-lace island for a realistic part with french lace sides and swiss lace front hair line.

To apply, I shave and clean the top of my head. Put st-30 tape on the around the perimeter (except the front) of the system. Hold the system upside down and put the hair in a loose ponytail that I sort of twist up so I can use a butterfly type clip to keep the pony from flopping all over the place. I put one piece of tape sort of where my part is (remember, I have an i-lace island, so the tape doesn't shine thru) and i give it a quick spray of 'adjust-a-bond' so that I can position the system on my head and so that the part is always secured down nice and tight. Once I am happy with the positioning, I wait a couple minutes to make sure the center tape is secure, then I start removing the tape backing on each side of my head (starting at the temples), pull a little to "tighten", press down and keep doing this all the way to the back. I let the hair down, press again around the tape perimeter with a wide tooth comb. Flip up the front lace and clip to keep it out of the way. Apply glue; let dry; apply another coat; let dry. Bring down front and press into glue. Voila'. (Apply touch up glue to any 'stray' lace but cutting a triangle out of a stiff business card and applying glue to the underside of one corner, then sliding that under the offending lace.)

Hope all that made sense Smile
04-19-2009, 07:19 AM,
Hey Sassy,

Do you like shaving the top of your head? or could you find an alternative?....(like a Tyra Banks style front lace wig)

Also, did you get any help figuring out the measurements and requirements of your system.

Thanks.