Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CALLING ALL WOMEN!
04-18-2009, 12:01 PM,
CALLING ALL WOMEN!
Calling all Women!

I'm a 28 yr old woman that has suffered with hairloss for the past 5 yrs. Its been the biggest emotional rollercoaster of my life. I still have a lot of my own hair and its starting to grow back, but its not where I want it to be. So for now, I will continue to wear hair pieces.

I think its time us women started talking, and giving out help to the other women on here. I have so many questions I would like answered that ONLY other women can help with.....Maybe even a support group! The possibilites are endless.....

Come on women, lets start exchanging advice, emotional support and info......

Q1 Anyone know of any one in Phoenix, Arizona, who can take my hair template measurements?

Q2 Any woman with a toplace hair piece willing to put pics up, so we can see what they look like? ie Length, thickness etc etc

SHOW SOME LOVE, AND HELP WOMEN REALISE WE ARE NOT GOING THROUGH THIS ALONE.

Thanks all! X
04-18-2009, 12:49 PM,
Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN!
When I talked to John he mentioned that TL was actually going to be starting their own site soon specifically for females! SO YES, finally somewhere for us women to go!

We should totally volunteer to be front page models, LL! :lol:

Well I'm Christina, I'm 20 years old and I have been wearing hair for about three years now. My hair has always been thin, but it really took a beating after my mom died when I was 12. I wore hair extensions, but at the rate of my hair loss, my natural hair wasn't covering up the glue at the top of the extension. I am a member of HC but they're prices are wildly inflated, so when I am able to get the money together, I am going to happily place an order with TL and terminate my membership with Hair Club. My real hair is very thick in some places, and very thin in others, so I have never been able to fully grow out a style of my own. Literally, it took 13 years for my hair to even get TO my shoulders, not passed them!

I posted pictures of my system in my other thread I started that is currently from Hair Club that I would like TL to mimic, but I'll post one here too.

I can't wait until I am able to get my first system TL. I'm going to save so much money, and the hair is actually BETTER quality, too!

Attached Files Image(s)

04-18-2009, 02:49 PM,
Christina you look beautiful!! Ha ha! Yes, we should both be hair models! Do we get a discount? LOL :lol:

I'm really sorry to hear about your mom. When I was about 22 I had a traumatic experience which led to my initial hair loss. As a result my hair started falling out and its never come back fully. The doctors were TERRIBLE! They had no compassion at all. They thought I was over reacting and that my hair would grow back, but it didn't and it just got worse. I got NO support at all. I had to figure out the world of wigs and hair pieces all by myself.

I'm glad I've met another woman that has the same problem as me. Someone that has thin hair in places and thicker in other areas. How do you attach the piece, since you still have hair? Do you wear a wig cap? How do keep your own hair out of the way of the glue and tape?
04-19-2009, 09:16 AM,
LovelyLocks Wrote:Calling all Women!

SHOW SOME LOVE,

Q2 Any woman with a toplace hair piece willing to put pics up, so we can see what they look like? ie Length, thickness etc etc

"Calling all Women! SHOW SOME LOVE"

Ive been doing that for years girl and I am always willing to show them some love [Image: respect-050.GIF]

And oh, I have posted photos here, Of women with hair you little devil Wink
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.toplace.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=971&start=10">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=971&start=10</a><!-- l -->
04-19-2009, 11:05 AM,
It's true---a Toplace for Women website is currently under construction. This site will be designed for the special hair loss needs of women. It will contain a forum just like the this site as well as extensive information. I wasn't going to announce it on here until it was ready to go but it looks like this is the time and the place. Please be patient as we iron out the details of the website. Hope to have it up and running in about 30 days. More details will follow as they become available.
Regards,
John
04-23-2009, 08:51 AM,
You look like a hottie 8-)
04-24-2009, 05:34 AM,
BA you are too funny! :lol:

Thanks for the info John. Do you have a direct email?
04-30-2009, 06:01 AM,
Another 28-year old female checking in here! I just registered today - I lurked on the old forum and have been trying to build up the courage to learn how to do this myself. Right now I have a hair lady who does it all for me, but it's kind of pricey. I don't particularly like how it looks - the hairline is awful. I originally tried wearing it sewn into a corn-row around the top of my head (no glue), but I got sick of that method very quickly. I'm now totally shaved on the top of my head. I feel like Britney Spears every time it gets popped off for maintenance.

I am absolutely thrilled to read that there will be a women's site and can't wait for it to go live. Are there any other details on it?
04-30-2009, 12:48 PM,
Hi Silk,
All I can say right now is that the webmaster is working on it and as soon as I have any info I'll post here on the forum. I think I've mentioned before that it will have a forum like this one. My 'webmaster' is actually two people-- a husband and wife team. She is designing the site and I feel that having a woman design the site is very important. She is really 'tuned in' and will do an excellent job with the new website. I'll keep everyone posted.
Regards,
John
05-11-2009, 02:23 AM,
Can't wait for this. I'm not wearing hair now, but am looking into it and I am overwhelmed by all this. Us gals need one another!

I'm 50 and suffering from FPB. I"m not extremely thin yet, but my hair doesn't behave like it use to and looks rotten most of the time.

Christina, what type of hair is in your piece. It's beautiful.