Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Trick or Old Trick?
04-22-2009, 11:50 PM,
New Trick or Old Trick?
Hello. I don't post that often, but the forum is great for tips. I've been wearing for about 20 years. I'm not sure if this one has been mentioned:

I trim off the excess lace on a new piece in the front (to my desired shape). I then take the plastic, head-shaped mold, that comes with the hairpiece and put it under the piece. I slide it about an inch forward of the hairline. I then trace the shape of the lace hairline exactly and cut off the curved contoured mold. I apply some small pieces of tape to the back of it. Then I stick it on my forehead and use it as a template for applying the glue in the front. It gives a fairly accurate glue job and the piece lays perfectly on the glue.

I saw a similar post a while back about some product for applying makeup accurately that you can buy at a drugstore to do this similarly. I can't recall what it was and this is what I came up with.

Thanks all for the great posts and tips.
04-23-2009, 05:56 AM,
Re: New Trick or Old Trick?
cool idea, I have done , or posted something similar, but your idea is better. I made like a hairline template from my piece before, but using the plastic thing they give u is a pretty cool idea and would save a lot of effort and work. Why do you put the tape on the plastic? is that to see the template line better?
04-23-2009, 09:01 AM,
Just put your tape contour you used to make template or the tape contour you use in the front on the lace before you trim the front lace.

This method is absolutely FOOL PROOF.
04-24-2009, 03:55 AM,
I use the tape just to hold it to my head, then I apply the glue to my head following the curvature of the plastic. Tape is simply to hold it in place. I don't use it for cutting the lace. The tape contour idea is great for cutting the lace. You need the "opposite" of the contour for apply'ing the glue, and the plastic fits your head curvature and is easily traceable/cuttable for assisting in glue application. I'm going to try the tape contour concept when I cut the lace on the next one.