Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got a new piece from toplace
04-26-2009, 12:32 PM,
Got a new piece from toplace
And the hair is beautiful, the quality is better than anything I have gotten from a Hair Salon. I spent a few days doing everything myself and I can't get the blend right. I wear my hair around 3 1/2 inches and shorter around the perimeter. The piece is slightly lighter than my own hair (stock Piece) but the over all color I like a lot. I dyed my own hair and the lower back and sides of the unit but it is still lighter and you can see the separation. I left the dye on my own hair a little longer, because I was always told that the fake hair picks up color faster, perhaps that is it?? I alson think the back edge is a little heavy but before I do anything I wanted to ash my buds in here for what to do. This is the first time I have cut, highlighted, and did everthing myself, so I am proud so far, just need to get the blend right. Can anyone give me advice?
04-27-2009, 03:57 AM,
Re: Got a new piece from toplace
The best way to blend is put a little ADF on the piece and on your own hair, If you have dark hair spraying a little toppick/prothick were your own hair meets the pieces works well but can be a little messy.
04-27-2009, 07:23 AM,
Read my new trick .You could use it today and heres how.Get a tube of Aveda black malva or other color,what works for you.Use the roller and apply to
hair unit and real hair,dont go overboard on real hair.Let it dry for a few minutes.It will blend in and work very nice.The roller does the magic.
04-27-2009, 07:32 AM,
I used ADF today, it helped a little but it is still off.

What is Aveda Black melva? and where do you get it. Shoulf it try to dye just the unit again?

I spent the day working a charity booth for an out door festival, I saw every bad wig, toupee, peice on the planet and I am so freaking parinoid of looking like that.........I kept on a baseball cap with the light dark thing going on. The hairline looks great, I wear my hair parted and the part looks great, the quality of the hair is great so I am still ahead of the game. Color has ALWAY been a challage for me and the blend of the hair is always tricy. I have used thinning shears, and tried razor cutting but when the color is off it dosent matter, from the back is screams WIG!!!!!!!!!!
04-27-2009, 11:27 PM,
Ok..

I re-dyed, left it on for a few minutes and that seems to have balanced things out. I am using the fact that the units from toplace are so well priced in order to experiment. I was more afraid to dye, cut, thin out or make any changes to a unit that used to cost many hundreds and in the past 1,000 $$$$. I have experience with wearing but I have never done from start to finish before now. I would not mind paying more money if the result met my expectations but no matter how much I spent, it was a just a wig. I realize that everyone has different wants for their hairpice and the only way to know what needs to be adjusted is the wearer. My plan is to get more because after going through 2 units of doing things start to finish, I am learning what works and what dosen't'. Looking forward to the next one, I think I have the plan down better.