Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST 30 substitute?
05-03-2009, 12:26 AM,
Re: ST 30 substitute?
Hi guys,
I also have problems with the new TL unit. The ST30 doesn't stick to the round lace and this is quite embarrassing because that worked good with my old piece. As a matter of fact, I'm looking for another tape which would match to the round lace and would be as strong as ST30 (and we can't find ST30 anyway, can we?)
Do you think supertape from hairdirect sticks to the new unit? Which tape do you advise for this round lace?
05-03-2009, 12:39 AM,
BUTTT on the same hand. there are some people who are still happy and have always been happy with their toplace pieces like Sesster, snipe and others.

Xeon mate, IMHO it doesnt matter what toplace send ya, i believe most of the time it will be close or spot on, and thats not the most important thing. I really believe people need to work on them their magic eg styling ,cutting whatever, to make it work for them. period. There is never going to be a wig that u can smack on, get a cut and feel its great style, fit blah blah blah. it aint happening.

People really need to work on them, and thats the most important thing to realise in this hair wearing game.

Another thing people need to realize that as the weeks go on, the piece will change in a few ways,and coping with that change and still managing to make it work for you is essential.

I posted similar info in another thread a long while back and some smart asses basicially said what i said was ridiculous..to be honest i couldn't give a shite. People can do as they like. Its the newibies who suffer most.

Sam
05-03-2009, 04:12 AM,
[quote="wheels07"]but with this poor customer service I am not a happy guy

You what ? You for real ? I have been to the north south east and west of America spending thousand and thousand of dollars on flights,Hotels and Function rooms to meet all Toplace customers and you mate havent bothered to come to one of the conventions so we could address your questions and concerns, You are in Iowa whats that ? A 3 hour drive to Minnesota or Chicago ? but no you would rather run your mouth off on here, If you were that bothered you would have got your arris in gear and came out FACT !

Me travelling here there and every were is "Poor Customer Service" is it ?

If you think that ? do one mate and shut the door on your way out, Cheers.
05-06-2009, 03:27 AM,
Quote:There is never going to be a wig that u can smack on, get a cut and feel its great style, fit blah blah blah. it aint happening.

People really need to work on them, and thats the most important thing to realise in this hair wearing game.

Excellent comment!!! For me, a brand new piece only becomes wearable after a couple of days and a few shampoos since it's so puffy. And still, a wet look remains necessairy for a couple more days in order to give the hair a more fluid look. Most a the time, I'll try to wear a baseball cap as often as I can for the first few days, and then, I can take my time to tweak the piece a little every day (cut a little here, cut a little there, thin it out a bit, re-colour if necessairy, bleach the knots, etc).

I think every newbie who orders his first piece should be warned about all those things. I even think that a special section explaining to first time wearers what they should expect when they recieve their first piece, what they should be concerned or not concerned about and what is normal or not, sould be included in every hair replacement website. I've been wearing for at least 7 or 8 years, and even today, when I get a new piece, I sometimes have to calm myself down for a few minutes after opening the package! Imagine what it's like when it's your first one !!!

Regards Smile
05-07-2009, 03:59 AM,
I have been using ST30 since it was first made available, and I think it is great stuff. Wtih the ST30 out of stock, I decided to give the Walker No Shine Tape a try. I applied it about 6 days ago and the tape is still rock solid. It sure was nice having the contours, as it is so much easier to peel the backing off the tape. I have not removed yet, so I'm not sure about the cleanup, but so far the tape is great.

I also ordered some of the Walker Safe Grip White Glue to try instead of Basebond. The Walker glue is holding up great and now on day 6, I still haven't had to touchup the hairline. If the cleanup is good, I think I am switching to Safe Grip and moving away from Basebond.
05-10-2009, 10:34 AM,
GT20, thanx for your comments on the walker no shine tape.
Did you try it on the new unit (with the round lace)??
05-17-2009, 07:24 AM,
I posted several months ago when these "round lace" units started showing up and nobody had any thing to say! I couldn't for the life of me get them to lay flat...think about it...you've got a curved head and your trying to maye a ruffled (gathered/purse stringed) piece of lace lay flat...the only thing that can give a flat piece of lace any curvature without pleating it is to have gathered lace...I don't think it's the tape keeping from sticking...it's that your trying to stick it to a piece of lace that cannot stay flat...

Order the unit made the old way with pleats...I just did. Gel
05-17-2009, 10:18 AM,
EXCELLENT post jeffsxyz !

That's exactly the problem I've always had with my lace pieces so far. In order to get a real nice curvature and get the lace to lay flat not only at the front but all around the perimeter, you do need some gathered lace as you said. That's why John suggested I should asked for "folds" in my piece...which I did. It helped a lot, but I think the factory is not prone to use folds near the front because it would make it a little more detectable perhaps. But still, I'm going to need a couple more folds in order to get the right curvature, so for my next piece, I Think I'm going to ask the factory to makes folds near the temple area. I don't expose much lace there, so it shoudn't be too bad.

Regards Big Grin
05-17-2009, 11:38 AM,
Ok, you can ask for folds where you want but I've been wearing Toplace since late 2003 and until this year, 2009, it was not an issue. They were all (mine) made with pleats here and there around the perimeter and back...just enough to make the unit conform to the template. Never had a pleat in the front and you don't need one there if the factory follows the curve of your template. I have had a piece here and there lately that do not lay flat and BA did ask the factory for me to make them the old fashion way. I cannot make a flat circle of lace work...I'd love to see the video if any of you can.

below is example of an old piece I wore with pleated perimeter and a new on I couldn't wear that was flat and had ripples (big ones) everywhere...you flaten it on one side of the head and it buckles somewhere else... yikes

Attached Files Image(s)

05-17-2009, 03:09 PM,
jeffsxyz Wrote:Ok, you can ask for folds where you want but I've been wearing Toplace since late 2003 and until this year, 2009, it was not an issue. They were all (mine) made with pleats here and there around the perimeter and back...just enough to make the unit conform to the template. Never had a pleat in the front and you don't need one there if the factory follows the curve of your template. I have had a piece here and there lately that do not lay flat and BA did ask the factory for me to make them the old fashion way. I cannot make a flat circle of lace work...I'd love to see the video if any of you can.

below is example of an old piece I wore with pleated perimeter and a new on I couldn't wear that was flat and had ripples (big ones) everywhere...you flaten it on one side of the head and it buckles somewhere else... yikes
I was planning to start wearing in 2 weeks time for the first time ever. My piece is the second type in the photos, the one where you can't get it to work.
Reading this has made me hesitant to start wearing if this new type of piece is not going to work. Why is it any different to the old type in terms of wearing? Is it because you can't stick the tape on?

Anyone got any advice as to how to make this type of piece work?