Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ordering a full cap
05-09-2009, 08:56 AM,
ordering a full cap
So after spending £630 on a system, the shop I bought it from now tell me its going to take another 4 weeks, 12 in total, absolute JOKE!!!! I have ordered 2 myself off of another site (found toplace too late!!!). Now I am thinking of just ordering a full-cap and cutting my losses. So do I have to send in a template or just select a hair colour or is a template essential? Thanks for any help
05-09-2009, 10:08 AM,
Re: ordering a full cap
Template is recommended but not required. The shorter you plan to cut it the more important the accuracy. Chances are you will only get the temple points and hairline shape you want if you send a template.

Definitely order all lace if you order from measurements so if you have to tweak it you have a lot more flexibility.
05-09-2009, 10:34 AM,
JRob,my 3/4 cap template fits snug all around,but in crown area it has what I call a little play in it.I still need to press template down to get really snug fit.Am I going to get system back with a gap between scalp and system.Thanks!
05-09-2009, 10:42 AM,
If it isn't too bad I wouldn't worry about it. I like to have a little play in lace pieces. It allows me to pull the piece into place until it fits snugly then I custom trim above the ears. Skin perimeters are a different ballgame. You want to try to get it right on the money if possible.
05-12-2009, 06:07 AM,
I went from a 3/4 to full and NEVER regretted it. No more matching!!

IF I decide to go without a day, I'm still "cool" with a shaved head..LOL

A full cap takes the same nerve shaving off whatever's left of ones top hair to fit a partial but in the end its far less to worry about as far as detection goes. Density is perfect, color is perfect, style is perfect.

Go for it