Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
60% density questions
05-10-2009, 06:57 AM,
60% density questions
Hello,

So, I'm fineally getting back into the hairwearing game again, now that my student days are fineally over. However, I'm gonna start off with something not too conspicuous. I wore for about 9 months a couple of years ago, and my sides have recessed a little bit since then.
I thought going with slightly recessed hairline and SFS/60% density, but I have a couple of questions.
1) Has the density scale changed over the last two years?
2) Is 60% enough for hip/messy hairdo with wax (staggered, not graduated hairline)?
3) Should I get a crown with only 60%? (I ordered crown before with 68% density, and it was quite visible. 60% could be revealing with regards to base and knots.)
4) Can I use tape successfully (sides and back) with 60%?

I would really appreciate some help or advice. Can't wait to start wearing again. I have made the template and everything, so I'm almost good to go!

Thanks for reading. Smile
05-10-2009, 08:16 AM,
Re: 60% density questions
Erlend Wrote:1) Has the density scale changed over the last two years?

Officially, I don't think so.... But I had to lower my ordered density quite a bit over that time to get the same results I used to. 70% seems to be an awful lot of hair these days.

Of course, your mileage may vary... but I think 60% is a good starting point.
05-12-2009, 05:53 AM,
Re: 60% density questions
Thanks for the reply Tapehead, but I would really appreciate some comments regarding crown and tape for 60% density.
Sorry to nag, but I have to send the order ASAP as ordering takes time, and I have to be all set before summer is over.
If anyone could elaborate some more, if would be great. Thanks! Smile