Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any pictures of people with partial pieces
05-14-2009, 01:48 AM,
any pictures of people with partial pieces
hi first of all id like to say hi to everyone , this site has been recommended to me by colin aka mr burns, my hairline has thined a good deal in the last 6 yrs i was considering the transplant route because my hairloss is minor and i thought i could regain my natural hairline through a transplant, but the more i researched , the more i realised that the results from transplants are unpredictable and that annoying thing called shockloss can leave you in a worse case scenario than you where prior to the transplant , i guess at this stage i was feeling a bit depressed, but then i came across some pics of colin on hairloss help and couldnt believe how realistic a hair system could look , so since then i have been researching hair systems as an alternative to transplants i have looked at alot of pics on this forum now and i have to say im amazed at how realistic the toplace systems are , i would appreciate it greatly if someone could show me pics of themselfs or someone else wearing a partial, im a litlle concerned with the blending with my natural hair which is still quite thick behind the hairline, also would i have to make a template for a partial, and how secure it would be when attached , i will look forward to your pics and replys thank you
05-14-2009, 06:50 AM,
Re: any pictures of people with partial pieces
Hi there, I have been wearing 2 small partial pieces to cover my receeding hairline for around 2 months. I have to say it has been a journey! although it is possible it can be quick tricky to do as you need a certain amount of luck to get the exact hair texture, color and curl to match you natural hair even if you do do your homework. In my experience I have found that if you use hair wax or gels and keep your hair relatively short is easier to hide slight differences but if you go for the natural look (no products) as I do its a little more difficult to do for the above mentioned reasons.

If you do a search on my posts you will see a few pics of my hair style with the partials. Each one is around 1.5in by 1.5in in size and I use ultra hold glue and have no problems with security (they ant comin off unless you really really pull on them).

I have to admit Im thinking of going the topper route for ease as rebuilding my hairline in 2 places weekly is a little bit too tricky anfd the rest of my hair on top is thinning now. My final advice would be to attend the convention later this month so you can see things in real life up close and speak to alot of experienced guys about it, thats why im going i hope it will help me make up my mind which route to go
05-15-2009, 12:58 AM,
Summerbreeze, you should go to the Toplace convention in England in a couple of weeks time! You would get great help there.

BA, remember those amazing photos of that guys partial piece, which you cut in and styled in your own home? Maybe you have a link to those?
05-15-2009, 02:10 AM,
Here is me fitting a Partial for a Toplace customer :

[attachment=1][attachment=2]

Here is the result :

Attached Files Image(s)

05-15-2009, 08:59 PM,
BA you're a mind reader mate! These are the exact photos I was thinking of!

Best example of a partial I've seen, and good instructions too if you use the pics to template/attach.
05-16-2009, 04:26 AM,
hey tnx guys for the replys much appreciated that does look very realistic the blend looks perfect, cant believe how realistic these systems look its amazing. its great knowing that there is a realistic cure for mpb cheers toplace, hey colin would loved to have gone to the convention, but unfortunately im away that wkend is there any other conventions planned for the uk or elsewhere in europe for this yr or near future, tnx colin for all your help on hairloss help, hope when i do order my systems that they look as good as yours
05-16-2009, 04:40 AM,
hey 7th son checked out your pics they look real good good match on hair colour and density, my hairloss like yours is minor my hairline has thinned a little but because i like to wear my hairline spiked up this is getting harder to do the more my hairline thins, like you i was thinking maybe a topper be better than a partial be easier to blend and the colour matchup be easier , would glues and tape cause any traction alopecia to my hair if i did shave the rest off and use a topper, yeah the convention sounds brilliant unfortunately im away on those dates which is a shame , tnx ba for the pics on the partial , what would you recommend should i go for a partial or shave my hair on top and go for a topper
05-24-2009, 06:49 PM,
hi summer breeze it might help if you post some pics of your hairloss so we can better judge, but at the convention yesterday I saw 2 great partials being done by debbie and most of the stylists there recomend only cover where the hair has almost or actually gone try to keep as much of your own hair as poss, anyway post a pic and we can advise you
05-30-2009, 06:17 AM,
i guess my hairloss is pretty minor at this stage but i like to wear my fringe spiked up but because it is thiining this is getting harder to do and i know eventually that it will not be possible , i was thinking that if i shave my hairline and a little further back that i could get a partial piece to bring the densisty of my hairline back to what it previously was, i have read conflicting views on the case of a hair system being worn over natural hair and that it can cause acceralated hairloss of this native hair , can anyone give me some info on this matter tnx
05-31-2009, 07:34 PM,
Yea i habe read that too but the way i figure it is my hair is fallin out anyway so what if i end up loosing a bit more from the glu the hair i have already lost ant comin bac so may as well replace it. Also i shabe tje hair with a razor under where i wear so i dont c how that hair ia gonna get pulled out its just too short