Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i'm not sure if i'm happy with what i got at the convention
05-24-2009, 11:38 PM,
i'm not sure if i'm happy with what i got at the convention
Well every single person i talked to was preety awesome and it was nice meeting everyone. And its not a quality issue because i do believe you guys provide a good professional but friendly service. And dude i appreciate the lift to town thanks again!

The piece has been coming off from all of the edges ever since it was attached and i'm not really feeling that. I mean after 1-2 days thats cool but not from the start.

I know i made my base ridiculously big but it looks so unnatural at the temples because normal recession in my opnion doesnt look like that. I know the hair piece hair is suppose to hide that but the temples do get exposed when i run and stuff and even sometimes when i touch my hair. For me personally its a dead give away when people have hair brushed to cover their temples but nothing else. But when my hair gets pushed to the side the unnatural temples are exposed.

When i comb the hair down so i can wear a hat i feel it looks so fake. i mean a major part of this for me was that i could wear hats and stuff in certain ways or take them off when i felt like it in public. Its waay too big and chunky most guys dont have hair like this. People who saw me a year ago when i shaved my head and saw the recession aren't going to believe the pre-deforestation amazon jungle on my head is mine.

Im not happy with the style but no offensive just because older people think it looks good doesnt mean a teenager will Tongue. I dont think it suits me at all i suppose it was interesting to have longer hair for the first time and i wish i had it cut shorter by a couple inches when i asked, instead of being persuased otherwise by everyone. I really dont fancy spending another thirty pounds on a cut in because ive already spent an extra 60 quid on that hair piece through it being custom delivery. I feel abit unsatisfied.

sorry about the rant
05-24-2009, 11:52 PM,
Re: i'm not sure if i'm happy with what i got at the convention
hi danger

are the guy whos 19 and your dad wears ?
05-24-2009, 11:56 PM,
yes mate hey I'm sure i know who you are but i cant guess the face with the screen name lol
05-25-2009, 12:38 AM,
Hi Mate I think I remember you, you were about the 3rd last!!! With funky basketball boots on??

If so I do remember you asking to go shorter but everyone persuded you otherwise, In my humble opinion I think you were better to keep it longer as it looked so good and you did say you were gonna grow the sides out so It will get better and better. On the glue thing, I think Debbie was using either UH of Walker White glue and to be fair if you read all the posts you will see that not everyone takes to certain glues you need to find the one that works best for you. Also the conditions were not ideal as you scalp wasnt prepared eg not cleaned enough, the room was stifling warm which would have caused you to sweat not aiding the bond.

I think there is a certain amount of hair shock too, I mean I only use two small pieces at the front and when I first attached I thought they were obvious but really they were only to me (mind games mate)

My advice is to perhaps wear a cap for a while let the sides grow a little more and people around you will just think youve grown you hair a bit or just get another cut in mate to go as short as you want. You could even invest in a robo cut and DIY.

Outside that you prob need to look at the other option which is take it off and shave your head and then your kinda in a strange place, people will either stare at your shaved head or stare at your new hair system wondering whats different (you decide which you prefer). I know its hard mate especially at your age, and young people can be extremely harsh but dont let it rule ya. Remember there is always some toss*r out there who wants to take the p*ss but that will go for everything you do in life not just your hair!!

Please note all the above is just my opinion and not meant to offend or come across in any way negative to ANYONE Big Grin
05-25-2009, 02:14 AM,
water and product!! water and product!! water and product!!! especially for the first week or two to tame the hair.

Styling is super super super important, and to be honest, if u need it a little shorter, u can do it at home.

I never ever got a cut from a professional stylist that i never had to tweak myself, it just aint happening.

The only way your ever going to be happy is by experimenting at home, cutting it shorter or how u like it is part of that experimenting and styling using products is important..!!!

if you will only pay close attention to this post, you will have a good chance to make it.

Sam
05-25-2009, 02:49 AM,
i agree with part of what the7thson and sams says i no you thought it looked a lot and it was compared to waht you came in with . and remember it will settle after a few washes and wont seem a lot .when i get a system cut in i think flipping heck its far to much and i wash it a few times and do a little tweaking and its far better m8
05-25-2009, 03:22 AM,
Hey mate,

I think it looked good, but everyone has their own personal style they want to achieve. You mentioned you wanted longer hair at the front, and then something going on at the top. Could you post a picture?

Also its the psychology of wearing, especially at the beginning. I'm not bs'ing you when I say it looked undectable, its hard at the beginning to know whether it looks good or not. And we are the worst critics. It's just the learning curve that alot go through.
05-25-2009, 06:24 AM,
Hey,

I also think it looked very good. In the first 1-2 weeks the hair looks a bit poofy (do you write it like that?) and especially for a newbie it looks unfamiliar. I like my cut-in even though I think I will tweak it a little bit, but as I said, give it 1-2 weeks and it will look different and more realistic. At least that is my experience.

If you're uncertain on how it looks and if it looks real, maybe you wanna think about asking your parents? Tell them you need an honest answer and I guess they will give it to you, don't you think? You also might wanna let one of your buddies in on your secret and ask about his opinion. These two things I did and it was good to get some kind of confirmation... As the7thson already mentioned, in the beginning you get very nervous about it looking not real when it actually is...

That's my opinion...
05-25-2009, 12:04 PM,
hey all

this is weird because most of you know who i am but i'm not sure who you guys are unless you give me a clue well except for spartan carsten and zxcv.

Well after about 24 hours the piece was preety much coming off so ive managed my first removal yay i guess/ but i havent attached ill just sleep bald tonight lol i dont know how im going to do the attachment tommorow but im sure its nothing difficult.

the7thson - yeah mate they're not basketball boots lol but yeah its me. I'm going to do the attachment on my own proper prepared and everything tommorow with ultra hold glue and tape on the perimeter. It may be hair shock yeah its abit early to say. I'm most likely going to wear a hat and wait to see how my sides develop if i keep feeling like this about it.

Sam - Yeah water made a big difference but it still felt really fake looking at myself. i think its bank holiday or something today but i'll get some of that wax jrob said he used on tuesday see if it makes me feel differently about it. And i tried doing some ''minor'' tweaking with scissors but i wish i didnt now lol.

jake1980 - give me a clue who you were because i'm completely not sure haha ! I'll wash it in a few days see if it helps i dont want to wash on the second third day just after ive been warned to not wash too often but i shall soon.

spartan- id have to search for it but what i had in mind wasn't quite the same as what i could achieve because of my sides needed to grow and i dont feel as if i can make the hair do anything i want. definately looking forward to the hair laying down flatter

peveral - yeah lol poofy i suppose makes sense. I shall give it abit of time see if it does what you say after some wearing in time. Well unless it looked ridiculously horrible my mom wouldn't say anything bad about it no matter how it looked so its not something i could ask her. As for friends i have no intention of ever telling anyone but again i have one friend who knows and she wouldn't say anything negative unless it looked ridculously bad so i dont know :S.
05-25-2009, 04:22 PM,
Yeah water made a big difference but it still felt really fake looking at myself. i think its bank holiday or something today but i'll get some of that wax jrob said he used on tuesday see if it makes me feel differently about it. And i tried doing some ''minor'' tweaking with scissors but i wish i didnt now lol.

Danger89, It really takes time to get used to it, and understand how the hair works etc before giving up. This part of hair wearing is not emphasized enough IMHO.

Your first attachment will probably be a nightmare lol, if it isnt, thats GREAT. This hair wearing stuff does come easier and quicker to some, theres no denying that, however if you really persist, and dont want to be bald, you'll make it.

I know exactly how u feel, i felt similar many years ago when i first started...cut some pieces so badly they were unwearable..did all sorts of stuff, some good some great some terrible. Experiemented with some glues and tapes to find whats best for me... you shouldnt have to be re attaching everyday unless you want to, thats just ridiculous. There are tapes u can use to get much longer bonds. If i had to change everyday, id mostly give up wearing for sure.

About the looking in the mirror and feeling fake, well thats all in your mind, cant help you there. At the end of the day, hair wearing isnt for every single person, but i believe if the majority hang in and experiment and dont give up, they will get what they want.

These things can and do look amazing, takes work, experience and guts. Unless you can be happy with the shaved head/bald look, dont give up.

Sam

Attached Files Image(s)