Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to go bald gracefully while wearing
05-29-2009, 10:11 PM,
How to go bald gracefully while wearing
I have been a long time wearer with mostly good results. I am planning on starting with Toplace, but before I order I have a question on style which I would appreciate suggestions, pics, etc.
I am 52, but young looking but feel I need to start showing hair loss in order to be natural. I have gone from at 25 I felt awkward about not having hair while everyone did, to feeling awkward about having hair when everyone is thinning or bald at 52.
I wish to still wear, though would like to start phasing it out. I am not comfortable showing hairline or brushing straight back. I usuallly wear freestyle with hair falling naturally down and forward. Please, any suggestions on a style which would work in showing natural thinning and recession would be a great help to me.
05-29-2009, 10:20 PM,
Re: How to go bald gracefully while wearing
Well 52 with hair forward is part of the problem, most guys your age have receding hairlines at the temples so you really should show the front and go with a lower density I guess.
05-30-2009, 12:09 AM,
Actually density is fine. I do not have a big bush of hair in front. Looks are very good. I understand lower density, but help in actually how to style it, or a pic would be helpful.
05-30-2009, 12:15 AM,
You just stated you want to go bald gracefully therefore you obviously need to get the hairpiece density lower than it is gradually.
Yet you also then state that density is fine, you just need to restyle it?

If you keep the same density all the time you will not get the gradual balding look...it will remain the same density meaning nothing changes...overall.

Anyways goodluck.
05-30-2009, 12:49 AM,
I would go for the side parting, for a man your age, especially if u have white or gray hair system, it can look quite good. IT allows u to show semi hairline,without total exposure and hassle. Adds losts of recession as well.

Something like this his pic.

Sam

Attached Files Image(s)

05-30-2009, 03:23 AM,
because your 50 you dont need to look like your balding . hay they say 50 is the new 40 . theres a couple of guys at work ones 56 the other 51 both comb down styles lots of hair and its there own to lol. just look at pierce brosnan, richard gere, kevin kline , patrick swayze, harrison ford , ken barlow (corrie) all over 50 have good heads of hair with trendy styles
05-30-2009, 07:27 AM,
I do the same thing,,,I cut the hairline back every year or so....

Don;t be afraid to LOOK like you are receding. 4 0f 5 men are or will recede. Only 1 in five keep all their hair and they look like wigs when they are 50..LOL

The LESS perfect your hair and airline is the less the subject will come up and the less people will believe you are wearing a wig if and when you tell them

My hair always looks like I am on the way to the barber rather than just coming back from the stylist. One thing about getting older I have come to realize. Wearing ahir is far less a stigma to others. They simply don;t care. And we don;t have to keep up with "youthful" styles. In that we can get away with wearing the hair longer.

Enjoy it and don't seek perfection.
I'm the one with the full cap on the left

[Image: 05182009018.jpg]
05-30-2009, 08:44 AM,
Thanks Tom. You're absolutely right. That is my point. Trying to just adjust things to be naturally receding. Just don't know how to style it. I currently go with no part, and like you say very loose and casual without a rigid style. When you say you cut the hairline back so do you literally just make it higher in front and wear the same style? It was kind of hard to tell from your pic. That is the approach I would like to take. Any other comments or pics from anyone would be helpful.
05-30-2009, 09:40 AM,
You should ask Victor what toplace wig he orders, Tom! Big Grin
05-30-2009, 06:20 PM,
Dave83 Wrote:You should ask Victor what toplace wig he orders, Tom! Big Grin

Victor has a bald monks crown....LOL