Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ultra hold
06-04-2009, 06:33 AM,
ultra hold
I am using ultra hold and it isnt holding great at the front and I think i may be using 2 much as it is coming through the lace, Also how do you clean the glue from the lace as the ultra hold doesnt dry? Thanks for any replies
06-04-2009, 09:52 AM,
Re: ultra hold
Hey Tunners,

I have been told the best way to get the ultra hold from the lace is to put some pure adhesive removal on a cotton ball and and pinch the glue off the base.

I get the same problem with UH, seeps through the base no matter how long I let it dry or how thin the coat is. A soon as you sweat or meet with some water the glue will obviously bleed through.

According to Michigan baldy we only need one very thin layer of the stuff. I have done this and still bleeds through. I am going to try a skin base soon.

What if you try putting tape a cm or two from your hair line and then some glue infront of that? That way you minimize the glue you use and less bleed through will happen.
06-05-2009, 07:32 AM,
tunners

like downundersyd said may be your just putting to much ultra hold on and not letting it dry . i use ultra i put
2 small coats of it on and its well nearly dry when i put the piece on and it holds fine

jake

austin is a great place Wink )
06-05-2009, 08:21 AM,
wow i never really wait that long before i push down on the ultra hold glue. Say if the weather isnt very warm how long on average should i have to wait before i push the lace down on the glued scalp?