Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ordering a full cap
06-08-2009, 03:14 PM,
Re: ordering a full cap
I've got my fullcap. just gotta get the bloody thing attached and cut!! lol

i'll do some before and after photo's, i'll make sure i take plenty of high quality photo's for everyone to see Wink
06-08-2009, 05:31 PM,
jcoors Wrote:JRob, any update on the DVD? Sorry if you already responded; I didn't see it

At this point I have everything I need to be able to complete the project except for one very important thing- time.

I hope to be able to resume production in the next couple of weeks, but I am still working on the Blue Max website and it's taking a little longer than expected.

I will keep you posted.....
06-09-2009, 06:26 PM,
JRob, I did post about that before, but before I place my order I need to know if I can get it cut in before they send it to me, or if I have to wait until I have it and then mail it to Debbie for the cut in. And I also need advice on what hair length I should ask for in my order for that style.
06-11-2009, 08:52 AM,
Since my hair has grown the blend looks much better, I know this is what debbie had in mind. The ultra hold im not a big fan of, ordered some tape so hopefully that will be better with some white glue. I am going to do the measurements and send them in, pretty sure I am a number 7 colour (light/medium brown). To anyone reading this who is new to this and hasn't seen a full cap in person they are so good, you kinda think full cap would look less realistic but they look as good if not better and are much more easier to live with I think. Do they shape the temples then from thje measurements I will send in? Thanks again to everyone for getting back to me
06-11-2009, 02:05 PM,
Sean Wrote:JRob, I did post about that before, but before I place my order I need to know if I can get it cut in before they send it to me, or if I have to wait until I have it and then mail it to Debbie for the cut in. And I also need advice on what hair length I should ask for in my order for that style.

Have to talk to Debbie about that.

I would think that the standard length should be fine (5-6 inches???) but I would ask Debbie or John that as well.
06-11-2009, 02:14 PM,
tunners Wrote:Since my hair has grown the blend looks much better, I know this is what debbie had in mind. The ultra hold im not a big fan of, ordered some tape so hopefully that will be better with some white glue. I am going to do the measurements and send them in, pretty sure I am a number 7 colour (light/medium brown). To anyone reading this who is new to this and hasn't seen a full cap in person they are so good, you kinda think full cap would look less realistic but they look as good if not better and are much more easier to live with I think. Do they shape the temples then from thje measurements I will send in? Thanks again to everyone for getting back to me

Hey tunners...send a template buddy. That's the only way they are going to know how to build the temple points.

Also, make sure you start with a fair amount of recession to mimic the hair you have now. make sure there is a little space above the ears (it can be a straight line right above the ears but don't bring it down right on top of the ears), and add some taper in the nape area.

I personally would make the template extend all the way down below the base of the skull and try using blue liner to tack it down in that area. If you have issues with bonding you can always trim it up to sit at the base of your skull.

Another helpful hint is to make sure you don't go too far forward with the piece in the sideburn area or where it meets your sideburns. The key to a full cap is the shape of the unit. Look at a bunch of pictures of front hairlines and temples to make a guess as to what will look best on you and mimic that with your template. And remember....if you get all lace you can always snip and pluck here and there to improve realism.