Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Adhesion + A Few More Q's
07-13-2009, 01:08 PM,
Daily Adhesion + A Few More Q's
With this option, which appeals to me, especially for beginning stages, during which I'll be figuring out where I want my hairline to start and stop, what's the best tape/glue to use?

I know people who wear pieces and use tape; and they invariably complain about the laborious task of applying toupee tape to the perimeter of their systems. If I went with a daily adhesive tape, would I constantly be needing to re-do the tape?

Or are there glue options?

With glue (in general) do you apply directly to the lace and simply stick on? This seems far easier than tape...

Lastly - whether for daily or extended wear - when applying clear, no-shine tape to the hairline, do stick on the tape such that it sticks out beyond the perimeter of the hairpiece's front? The reason I ask is, if you didn't, wouldn't the very front of the lace not be secured to the scalp and so always peel up?

Thanks!
07-13-2009, 01:50 PM,
Re: Daily Adhesion + A Few More Q's
BostonKid Wrote:With this option, which appeals to me, especially for beginning stages, during which I'll be figuring out where I want my hairline to start and stop, what's the best tape/glue to use?

You just have to see what works for you. Red liner tape is a pretty good daily tape to start out with. Glues work a little different for everyone too. Obviously you want something that will hold up but won't take you forever to release at night.

BostonKid Wrote:I know people who wear pieces and use tape; and they invariably complain about the laborious task of applying toupee tape to the perimeter of their systems. If I went with a daily adhesive tape, would I constantly be needing to re-do the tape??

Probably yes. The tape is still a little sticky when you pull it off but I wouldn't trust it to go another day.

If your density is high enough, the best thing to do for a daily attachment is to get a couple pieces with the classic design having some skin or thin poly around the edges where you tape. Has some minor drawbacks compared to all lace, but pretty much solves all the problems when it comes to daily taping / tape removal.