Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hair add service
08-02-2021, 08:22 PM,
hair add service
Since custom hair units can not be ordered these days, I need to try to salvage old pieces by adding more hair. Years ago, Debbie's mom offered that service but not anymore. Does anyone know who offers hair adding service?
08-09-2021, 01:31 AM,
RE: hair add service
The process of adding hair to a lace unit is called ventilation. And it's a tedious any frustrating job. The hair has to be inserted into the lace and then knotted-a tricky procedure with a strand of hair. Some customers have tried to do it themselves and given up. They have a new appreciation for the whole process. And you're right-Deb's mom no longer does it. This has been a very frustrating time in the hair business. Lace is very scarce due to the labor required. The factory is emphasizing thin skin stock units as the hair is injected into the base so there is no knotting-and therefore no knot bleaching. The hair looks like it's coming right out of your scalp. I've looked at other suppliers that have lace units but the products are really inferior. The thin skin units are up to Toplace standards-very realistic. People are reluctant to try thin skin units but once they do many realize how good they are. They are excellent with great hairlines. So this is where we're at till things return to normal.
Best,
John

Attached Files Image(s)

08-09-2021, 10:44 PM,
Hi John,
As you know, I tried one of the stock thinskin units and it didn't work for me because density was too high. If I can get one with about 40% density in the front, 50-60% in the back and sides, and with about 20-30% synthetic grey hair everywhere, I would love to try.
08-11-2021, 12:10 AM,
All stock units are spec'd very 'middle of the road' to appeal to the largest audience. They work for about 90% of hair wearers. The specs are: 65% density, freestyle, body wave and 6" or real human hair. The base size is 8" x 10" and that can be trimmed to size (do it yourself with scissors or our stylist can do it for $15). The front hairline is both graduated and staggered. Graduated means that the density gradually gets thicker from the hairline so no 'wall of hair.' You can see into the scalp in the front just like real human hair grows. Staggered means that some of the front hairs are set back from the front so it's not a perfectly straight line-again just like real human hair grows. If you want 40% density on top that would be a custom order. The factory is backed up with custom orders and trying to catch up. So they are not accepting new custom orders till they get back to normal. Note that for short hair wearers the density is less of an issue since most of the hair ends up on the stylist floor. Density becomes more noticeable with longer hair styles as the volume of hair is more pronounced. Everyone is anxious to see things return to normal.
Best,
John