Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transplant...anyone thinking about having one?
07-25-2020, 12:09 AM,
Transplant...anyone thinking about having one?
When I started to lose my hair I would spend endless hours on forums checking out HT's. Back then I had a lot of hair and wore my hair long which I look back now and think 'awful style' ...but it looked like I had tonnes of hair so I don't think I cared about style.

Then I changed jobs and started to wear a small piece and 10+ years on I'm still wearing the same size piece(thanks to meds).

And during that time rarely thought about HT's...but they are so much more prevalent Its hard to escape them plus the technology has moved on meaning that my only option back then was to travel half way round the world and now there are doctors a short drive from me that are getting good results so I've been thinking about it much more again.

Just wondering if anyone else has or will be having a HT?
08-02-2020, 02:18 AM,
RE: Transplant...anyone thinking about having one?
I’ve talked to many customers that have had a transplant. I think there was only one person that was happy with the results. Most transplants just didn’t ‘take.’ You wait a year to see results and if the transplant doesn’t acclimate to it’s new home it just doesn’t grow as it should. Add that to the fact that you what you put on top you also lose in the back. So it’s not an additon of hair--merely a re-positioning of hair. Lots of pictures in ads make it look like it’s a miracle--it’s not.
Best,
John
08-02-2020, 06:35 AM,
I considered having a hair transplant in 1982. They suggested scalp reduction which would have left scars on my head. Thank goodness I didn’t do it!
08-10-2020, 01:57 AM,
I suppose there's always people who won't be please with their HT's, this could be due to a whole host of reasons, but if you do your research and have enough hair to begin with then there's no reason you shouldn't have good results.

There's no comparison with HT's now and back in the 80's, it's night and day.