Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep it or lost it? (photos)
01-19-2018, 05:09 AM,
Keep it or lost it? (photos)
Hey guys!

I've been a frequent "Stalker" of these pages for a very long time, I started losing my hair when I was 20, I quickly got on rogaine, propecia, everything that I could get my balding little hands on. I just have a basic question. I have "hair", but It's not the hair that I want. I've been thinking about switching over for sometime, I recently was talking to someone and I sent them some pictures of my current hair and their response was actually a little bit shocking.

They said I should just try to keep what I have?!

haha, so it got me thinking! What are everyone else's thoughts on this!
01-19-2018, 10:55 AM,
RE: Keep it or lost it?
I didn't have much "noticeable" hair loss when I started wearing. However, I was limited to a certain style and was using a lot of toppik. I was also losing hair FAST. I had almost no hair loss up until 29, but shed like crazy in the last 2 years. I did not want to do propecia and most transplant results aren't that great, so I took the plunge, shaved the top of my head, and haven't looked back. Hair has always been very important to me and it's worth the effort to have the hair I want. No one has said anything about my hair being fake since I started wearing, so either they don't know or they don't want to hurt my feelings. The crew I work with would love to bust my balls over it if they knew, so must be the former. I was also out of work for a few weeks when I made the switch, which I'm sure helped as well. It's a bit scary taking the plunge, but I'm happy so far with my decision.

The picture on the left is my natural hair with toppik...

Attached Files Image(s)

01-19-2018, 12:46 PM,
[quote='sp1n3ch0' pid='45314' dateline='1516316117']
I didn't have much "noticeable" hair loss when I started wearing. However, I was limited to a certain style and was using a lot of toppik. I was also losing hair FAST. I had almost no hair loss up until 29, but shed like crazy in the last 2 years. I did not want to do propecia and most transplant results aren't that great, so I took the plunge, shaved the top of my head, and haven't looked back. Hair has always been very important to me and it's worth the effort to have the hair I want. No one has said anything about my hair being fake since I started wearing, so either they don't know or they don't want to hurt my feelings. The crew I work with would love to bust my balls over it if they knew, so must be the former. I was also out of work for a few weeks when I made the switch, which I'm sure helped as well. It's a bit scary taking the plunge, but I'm happy so far with my decision.

[/quote
wow. I never used toppik, but it must work well. your hair looks very full...almost too much hair. I don't see any hair loss one bit
01-20-2018, 10:47 AM,
both look amazing
ginger looks pretty full and dense , cant believe you ever needed toppik
I used to use nanogen, Nano fibres, until there was no more hair for them to bond to there'd be mounds of Nano fibre I was devastated
that was 8 years ago, wearing has been amazing
mine are not top lace systems, medium poly
01-25-2018, 09:35 AM,
RE: Keep it or lost it? (photos)
It depends on so many thinks, everyone is different.

I went through he same things that everyone seems to mention including in this thread.

I had a nice thick head of hair then one day boom oh no what's going on here then..lol.

My solution was to grow my hair and this covered my losses...but I had a crappy haircut and got frustrated. Went through Toppik like crazy.

Ended up having a small hairline piece, as my hair is quite thick and wavy it was easy to blend in, never really exposed my hairline too much. I don't know if its because the rest of my hair is thick or that my head is quite narrow but I only need a very small piece to make me look like I have a thick full head of hair....about 3 inches length by about 1/2 inch depth. I also have medium density and cut the pieces out which loses hair so in the end it has only a little bit of hair on the piece but it makes a difference.

I could not wear and achieve a similar look but hate my high hairline and it takes much longer after I've washed it...so wearing just makes things easier.

I take meds too, fin and minox and I wish I had tried them sooner, I waited around 7 years of losing hair before I started but I still managed to regrow some, if I hadn't I'm sure I would be wearing a larger piece now.

I still think of HT's now and then but this is so easy and I've done it for 10 years now so I'm happy with it.

good luck in whatever you decide.
02-13-2018, 11:24 AM,
RE: Keep it or lost it? (photos)
(01-19-2018, 10:55 AM)sp1n3ch0 Wrote: I didn't have much "noticeable" hair loss when I started wearing. However, I was limited to a certain style and was using a lot of toppik. I was also losing hair FAST. I had almost no hair loss up until 29, but shed like crazy in the last 2 years. I did not want to do propecia and most transplant results aren't that great, so I took the plunge, shaved the top of my head, and haven't looked back. Hair has always been very important to me and it's worth the effort to have the hair I want. No one has said anything about my hair being fake since I started wearing, so either they don't know or they don't want to hurt my feelings. The crew I work with would love to bust my balls over it if they knew, so must be the former. I was also out of work for a few weeks when I made the switch, which I'm sure helped as well. It's a bit scary taking the plunge, but I'm happy so far with my decision.

WOW that looks really good!