Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about crown partial / topper
01-15-2018, 08:33 AM,
Questions about crown partial / topper
Hello!

I´ll be ordering a custom crown partial / topper as soon as I figure out the specs.

I´m a 23 year old man. My hairline is still decent looking, except some slight recession, and the hair in front is probably a medium/light density. However, a relatively small area in the crown is very thin, which of course I would like to do something with. As for right now, I am using Toppik, but I am getting tired of all the mess that comes with it. For example, I can´t spend nights at a girls house because the concealers comes off on the pillow... I believe a hair system will be a better solution.

I´m using minoxidil and keto-shampoo on the whole top of my head to try to maintain what is left. When I get my system fitted, I´ll continue to use the treatment except for the area where the hair piece is.

Some questions:

- Is a crown topper easier to "live with"/maintain than a system for the whole top of the head? I´ll not have to worry about the hairline, but perhaps the blending will be more difficult?
- Should I make a mark for the crown on my template? Or just have it freestyle?
- I work out 4-5 times a week (mostly running). Therefore, it will probably be most practical with a lace base. However, I think I can live with a bit more heat during workouts if a thin skin lace looks more realistic. Does Toplace carry different skin tones for the base, or is it transparent so that it doesn´t matter?
- Does anyone on the forum use a crown topper? If so, I would very much appreciate to hear your experiences.

Every answer is highly valued!
01-16-2018, 07:01 AM,
RE: Questions about crown partial / topper
Hi Pete,
You’re doing the right thing by taking action now. Waiting only makes the transition more dramatic.
The blending on a crown piece wil not be more difficult than a topper that covers your entire head. In fact it will be easier since you don’t need to worry about getting your front hairline lined up correctly. The blending will not be more difficult. If you’d like a crown please mark it on the template. Some people prefer a crown since it makes the unit look more realistic. And please remember to mark the front and back of the crown. Lace or thin skin will both look realistic. Thin skin would be easier for you. Since you workout frequently you could use a mild adhesive like
‘Got 2 Be Glued Spiking Glue’ for a 4-6 day hold. The beauty of this adhesive is that it’s so easy to clean the unit--it’s water soluble so all you have to do is rinse it under water. Not tape or glue to clean off a lace unit. You’ll change more often due to workouts but it’s an easy job. The thin skin material (as well as the lace) is translucent and allows the color of your scalp to show.
Best,
John