Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
toppix question
01-06-2018, 11:00 AM,
toppix question
I have never used it. Can it be used to hide knots?
01-06-2018, 02:44 PM,
RE: toppix question
(01-06-2018, 11:00 AM)thomasgrn Wrote: I have never used it. Can it be used to hide knots?

Yes, but...It will be just as if you used it on your head covering a bald spot.

Ie if have a hp that looks natural and shows the scalp thru the hair and you put toppix on it its going to show a solid color and cover the scalp.

My pieces are heavy density, so if I have a thinning spot in the piece it covers the area solidly with the existing hair . You could probably use less of it and experiment with a little at a time to see if you can use just enough to cover the knots and still look natural (as natural as it can its still a coverup)

If your trying to cover up knots on your hair line with a combed back hair style it has the potential to smear and or build up and it's going to look crappy or un-natural unless you're really careful but then your back to where you were before you got a HP and taking too much time and worrying too much about how it looks. (unless your just looking for a temporary solution waiting for a new HP) Also there are a lot of good hairstyles that aren't comb back styles,that if you use can help hide the knots on the hair line

Does Debbie on here still bleach knots? You might want to email her and see if she will rebleach the knots on your HP.

Did you get your HP from Toplace, because I have not really had an issue with knots showing on the Hairline. I believe you can still order your HP from here with bleached single knots on the hairline.

edit: It seems buck Dancer has used Toppix to fix knots on a hairline
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=6717
You might want to ask him how he did it , and the results..
01-07-2018, 12:38 AM,
RE: toppix question
(01-06-2018, 02:44 PM)Yuleb224 Wrote: [quote='thomasgrn' pid='45293' dateline='1515193232']
I have never used it. Can it be used to hide knots?

Yes, but...It will be just as if you used it on your head covering a bald spot.

Ie if have a hp that looks natural and shows the scalp thru the hair and you put toppix on it its going to show a solid color and cover the scalp.

My pieces are heavy density, so if I have a thinning spot in the piece it covers the area solidly with the existing hair . You could probably use less of it and experiment with a little at a time to see if you can use just enough to cover the knots and still look natural (as natural as it can its still a coverup)

If your trying to cover up knots on your hair line with a combed back hair style it has the potential to smear and or build up and it's going to look crappy or un-natural unless you're really careful but then your back to where you were before you got a HP and taking too much time and worrying too much about how it looks. (unless your just looking for a temporary solution waiting for a new HP) Also there are a lot of good hairstyles that aren't comb back styles,that if you use can help hide the knots on the hair line

Does Debbie on here still bleach knots? You might want to email her and see if she will rebleach the knots on your HP.

Did you get your HP from Toplace, because I have not really had an issue with knots showing on the Hairline. I believe you can still order your HP from here with bleached single knots on the hairline.

edit: It seems buck Dancer has used Toppix to fix knots on a hairline
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=6717
You might want to ask him how he did it , and the results..
[/quote

thanks for your response. I am currently using a root coverup powder to hide the knots. it works ok, just wondering if toppix would work better. I have never bleached knots before, but I know how to do it. its seems like such a hassle.