Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to protect lace from stains when colouring a wig?
01-04-2018, 05:56 PM,
How to protect lace from stains when colouring a wig?
I have to colour my full cap (transparent, clear swiss lace) from medium brown to dark brown, but I want to protect the lace from getting stains. I've seen some people on youtube using different kind of products on the lace, but I don't quite get which one works best to protect the lace (without doing any other harm to the lifespan of the wig).

Some use vaseline, one had a got2be glue spray... would normal hairspray do the job too, if applying a thick layer.

Are there better products around to protect the lace from stains? Best would be things I get in any drugstore because I have to colour the wig within in the next 48 hours, thus no time for online purchase...
01-04-2018, 08:26 PM,
RE: How to protect lace from stains when colouring a wig?
Vaseline is good, but I think the best thing is to pin your wig to a polystyrene wig head, then suspend the wig head upside down over the bath tub. That way, the dye will drip away from your base rather than onto it, and the Vaseline is just a back-up.
01-04-2018, 09:51 PM,
RE: How to protect lace from stains when colouring a wig?
(01-04-2018, 08:26 PM)Baldrich Wrote: Vaseline is good, but I think the best thing is to pin your wig to a polystyrene wig head, then suspend the wig head upside down over the bath tub. That way, the dye will drip away from your base rather than onto it, and the Vaseline is just a back-up.

I used color block from Debbie's site. I guess it worked, or maybe I just did not get any dye on the lace last time I colored one. I will continue using the color block from now on.