Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hairline Help
12-12-2017, 08:04 PM,
Hairline Help
Hey all, I just started wearing a topper (Swiss lace, stock unit) and I’ve been very happy with it. Like many, I was nervous about making the transition. I was concerned about people noticing and making comments. It’s kinda funny, I’ve gotten more compliments on my hair wearing a system than I ever got with my real hair haha. So glad to be done with all the messy, time consuming cover up stuff. For anyone that is hesitant to make the jump, just do it. All that being said, I’m still having some minor issues getting my hairline right. I’m using Walker Ultra Hold glue and the bond works really well for me. My concern is that I can see black dots in my hairline. Are these the knots? I’m not really sure what to do about it, I would appreciate any feedback.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-13-2017, 12:17 PM,
RE: Hairline Help
(12-12-2017, 08:04 PM)Buck Dancer Wrote: Hey all, I just started wearing a topper (Swiss lace, stock unit) and I’ve been very happy with it. Like many, I was nervous about making the transition. I was concerned about people noticing and making comments. It’s kinda funny, I’ve gotten more compliments on my hair wearing a system than I ever got with my real hair haha. So glad to be done with all the messy, time consuming cover up stuff. For anyone that is hesitant to make the jump, just do it. All that being said, I’m still having some minor issues getting my hairline right. I’m using Walker Ultra Hold glue and the bond works really well for me. My concern is that I can see black dots in my hairline. Are these the knots? I’m not really sure what to do about it, I would appreciate any feedback.

I think that's what they are. I would go out immediately and get RIT color remover, mix it with very hot water and brush it on. get rid of those knots! Try not to let the color remover go past the knots, or use the bleaching method if you prefer.

Is that a toplace piece? I have never had that problem before. They are bleached at the factory before they are sent out.
12-13-2017, 04:22 PM,
Thanks for the response! I’ll look into that product.

It is a Toplace stock unit. I was able to improve the look with some old Toppik I had laying around.
12-15-2017, 05:16 AM,
Hey Buck Dancer,

Yep there knots they have been bleached it is really difficult to completely dye the knots on darker hair and if you over bleach it just weakens the knots anyway. If you order a custom you can ask to have them bleached a little more which will help. I am sure if you speak to john he could also get a stock system re bleached to more your liking.

There is plenty of information and help on here if you want to have ago at bleaching them yourself and videos on youtube.
12-15-2017, 06:17 AM,
(12-15-2017, 05:16 AM)mickeyblueyes Wrote: Hey Buck Dancer,

Yep there knots they have been bleached it is really difficult to completely dye the knots on darker hair and if you over bleach it just weakens the knots anyway. If you order a custom you can ask to have them bleached a little more which will help. I am sure if you speak to john he could also get a stock system re bleached to more your liking.

There is plenty of information and help on here if you want to have ago at bleaching them yourself and videos on youtube.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I’ll do the bleaching next time I do a full removal. Are there any temporary solutions while it’s still attached or when doing frontal maintenance?
12-17-2017, 04:15 PM,
Hey , what is the density on the hairline for that piece ?
12-19-2017, 02:40 PM,
(12-17-2017, 04:15 PM)cric1234 Wrote: Hey , what is the density on the hairline for that piece ?

It’s a stock unit so I believe it’s 65%.