Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System is officially ordered....Now some questions
12-06-2017, 01:01 PM,
System is officially ordered....Now some questions
Hi all, I have been a member of the forum for a few months but I just recently took the plunge and placed an order for a stock unit. I am very excited to give this a go.

John was nice enough to refer me to someone in my area Northern New Jersey by the name of Erin, by chance does anyone know of her or of different stylists in the area?

My next question is highlights. Is it ok to highlight a system or does it damage it quicker or anything else I would want to know about?

My final question....for now Smile....products, can anyone recommend a very safe and good styling cream, gel, etc?

Thank you all for helping this newbie get on track!
12-13-2017, 10:51 AM,
RE: System is officially ordered....Now some questions
(12-06-2017, 01:01 PM)lytefunkieone Wrote: Hi all, I have been a member of the forum for a few months but I just recently took the plunge and placed an order for a stock unit. I am very excited to give this a go.

John was nice enough to refer me to someone in my area Northern New Jersey by the name of Erin, by chance does anyone know of her or of different stylists in the area?

My next question is highlights. Is it ok to highlight a system or does it damage it quicker or anything else I would want to know about?

My final question....for now Smile....products, can anyone recommend a very safe and good styling cream, gel, etc?

Hi. I am in central Jersey. I have heard of Erin, but have never been to her. From what I have heard she does good work. As for highlights I have done it myself and have not found it to damage the system much, if at all. As for styling products I use a spray leave in conditioner. Aussie makes a good one, but lately I have been using one just for human hair wigs. For hold I use consort hairspray. You wont need much since you wont be washing the piece very much. I only wash mine maybe once every 2 weeks, but I do a few reattachments between that time.

Another thing, I cannot believe 79 people have read your post and have not responded to you at all.

Good luck!!
12-13-2017, 10:53 AM,
(12-13-2017, 10:51 AM)thomasgrn Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 01:01 PM)lytefunkieone Wrote: Hi all, I have been a member of the forum for a few months but I just recently took the plunge and placed an order for a stock unit. I am very excited to give this a go.

Hi. I am in central Jersey. I have heard of Erin, but have never been to her. From what I have heard she does good work. As for highlights I have done it myself and have not found it to damage the system much, if at all. As for styling products I use a spray leave in conditioner. Aussie makes a good one, but lately I have been using one just for human hair wigs. For hold I use consort hairspray. You wont need much since you wont be washing the piece very much. I only wash mine maybe once every 2 weeks, but I do a few reattachments between that time.

Another thing, I cannot believe 79 people have read your post and have not responded to you at all.

Good luck!!

Oh, another thing. Even though its just about winter try not to be out in the sun long without a hat. It will lighten the piece pretty quickly if you do, or so has been my experience with that.
12-15-2017, 05:01 AM,
Hey lytefunkieone

Yes you can highlight the piece i would recommend trying it out on another piece first i practice on old pieces now but at the start when i was practicing colouring i bought a stock system to try out different ways and find the best procedure for the best results. Be aware the hair on the piece will colour of bleach alot quicker then your own hair so your need to work out the best time for the desired results.

As for products alcohol free is best or as less as possible i am currently loving got2b Phenomenal Bodyfying Cream Gel. nice and light and good hold washes out easily with water.

Attached Files Image(s)