Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long should a professional color job last?
12-05-2017, 07:51 AM,
How long should a professional color job last?
I got my piece professionally colored a little less than 2 weeks ago.

It perfectly matched my hair on the first day, but has now faded almost back to how it looked prior to the coloring.

Is this normal? Should I complain to the salon?

I shampooed the piece twice in 12 days with color-safe shampoo. I also use "Hair sunscreen". Not sure what else I could've done on my end.
12-13-2017, 12:20 PM,
RE: How long should a professional color job last?
I would complain. 2 weeks is not very long. It should last longer than that. It is true the piece will lighten over time. I just dye the pieces myself...it only takes a couple of minutes and 5-7 bucks
12-15-2017, 04:10 AM,
hey Floriduh
Easily should last upto 6 weeks i actually get upto 8 weeks i colour the piece myself using professional products. if you have not done anything to cause the colour to fade such as swimming in the pool or using styling products with alcohol in of even being out in the sun to much will all speed up the fading process.
12-15-2017, 07:02 AM,
(12-13-2017, 12:20 PM)thomasgrn Wrote: I would complain. 2 weeks is not very long. It should last longer than that. It is true the piece will lighten over time. I just dye the pieces myself...it only takes a couple of minutes and 5-7 bucks

Thanks. I think I will just do it myself from now on too. I was worried about staining the lace. But now that I think about the actual process... it should be pretty easy to avoid.

I baby my pieces, and literally the only thing that makes me think they should be replaced is the color fading. If I can easily color them myself.... I could get over 4 months out of them.
12-27-2017, 03:54 AM,
(12-15-2017, 07:02 AM)Floriduh Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 12:20 PM)thomasgrn Wrote: I would complain. 2 weeks is not very long. It should last longer than that. It is true the piece will lighten over time. I just dye the pieces myself...it only takes a couple of minutes and 5-7 bucks

Thanks. I think I will just do it myself from now on too. I was worried about staining the lace. But now that I think about the actual process... it should be pretty easy to avoid.

I baby my pieces, and literally the only thing that makes me think they should be replaced is the color fading. If I can easily color them myself.... I could get over 4 months out of them.

If you are worried about getting the lace stained buy color block from Debbie. You brush it on and then color the piece. The color block solution will stop the dye from staining the lace.

good luck