Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stripping a piece of its color for dying it was dyed at the factory
11-12-2017, 01:51 PM,
Stripping a piece of its color for dying it was dyed at the factory
HI
For the past couple of years I have had to always dye my pieces using garnier 70 dark natural blonde, but lately its not working as well as it used to. My bio hair has changed color a little. I kinda knew what I had to do and went to sallys to get the stuff I needed.

The store associate helped me (she is great!!!)She said I would have to bleach it first and then I can color it to medium ash blonde. I knew that is what would happen because no matter how much you try you cannot lighten a piece unless you strip it of its color using peroxide and bleach

Well, I did it with a strand test and I had to keep checking on it, then I thought it was done but it wasn't so I had to dry it and see how far it came on...then repeat the process again . there was NO WAY I was going to do this everytime I get a piece. firstly it is absoulutely horrible for the hair. really bad and was taking forever. so I got some RIT color remover and got out an old piece

I put some of the powder in a bowl with hot water and put half the piece in it. immediately starting stripping it of its color: since it was working I put the whole piece in for about 20 minutes.

dried piece with a towel and hairdryer

Then I got my hair color mixed and developer and put it on for 2 minutes just in the front. this was only a test on an old piece.

rinsed, dried and styled. came out wonderful!!!!! No harmfull bleach, knots as invisible as they come and it looks great

something that would probably take hours and hours to do and hurt the piece a lot was now done safely in about half an hour.

The last picture here is the piece dry with a little spray in conditioner in it.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-07-2017, 12:23 PM,
RE: Stripping a piece of its color for dying it was dyed at the factory
So you're saying the Rit Color Remover was able to make the knots look like bleached knots? That would be great news!
12-11-2017, 08:21 AM,
RE: Stripping a piece of its color for dying it was dyed at the factory
(12-07-2017, 12:23 PM)dino-saur Wrote: So you're saying the Rit Color Remover was able to make the knots look like bleached knots? That would be great news!

Yes. But I was submerging the whole piece into the color remover. I don't have any pieces now without bleached or uncolored knots right now, but if I did I would try some sort of gel and mix it with the RIT color remover and paint it on the underside of the lace and see if that works.

I would very much like to hear if someone has or will do this.

you can get the rit color/dye remover from amazon, ebay and probably the foodstore. its only a few bucks