Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
uh oh
10-11-2017, 08:41 PM,
uh oh
my piece looked a little lighter than my real hair and I dyed it, well that worked well but I think the knots were dyed too.

please don't tell me I have to bleach them. Will anything else work?
10-14-2017, 04:03 AM,
RE: uh oh
It’s important to be careful when you dye the hair. Any excess dye that gets on the base will color the base. So it’s best to go lightly with the dye. But a little on a comb, comb the hair and allow it to dry. If you still need to get it darker then try another application. The key is to go lightly and not put too much on your comb so that it runs down into the base. I don’t know of anything that will clean the knots other than bleaching. You can buy a bleaching kit at your local drug store. Can anyone else comment?
10-16-2017, 03:42 AM,
Hi Thomasgrn,

Unfortunately yes bleaching is the only way i know of.
There are plenty of how to vids on youtube. i have done this myself in the past but i did have an old piece to practice with. The process i used was i bought a bleaching kit from amazon i think it was by jerome russell. Or just look for a blonding kit this should include bleaching power, volume 40 developer,brush and gloves.

So put the gloves on you will also need a small plastic bowl, mix the powder with the volume 40 developer provided add small amounts at a time as you want the mixture fairly thick like toothpaste so it does'nt run down the hair.

Once mixed using the brush supplied carefully spread a small amount over the lace then you can either use a small hand held steamer or the microwave Technic. steam the area for around 10 sec's you will start to see the bleach bubble. with the microwave on full its very quick its bubbles in less the 5 secs so be careful. once done wash with warm water and check the results. if your not happy you can always repeat the procedure.

Be very careful as it can easily go wrong and there's no going back you really need to practice on an old piece to get the timing right and bleach consistency.

Hope you get it sorted its all trail and error.
10-16-2017, 07:11 AM,
Thanks everyone
10-27-2017, 06:09 AM,
well I learned today that I have been dying my hair all wrong. I should put it on the Styrofoam head and comb the dye through, not just dye it while its sitting in the tub and using my hands to distribute the dye through the whole unit, but its done already so I know now what to do next time.

But I was determined not to use bleach on the knots because I applied bleach to a piece once and so much hair came out. I used sally Hansen airbrush legs and sprayed that on the lace, then used a knot sealer to seal that in and ta da! no more dyed knots showing!!
10-27-2017, 06:18 AM,
oh I forgot to mention. I tried using "color oops" first. Its a hair dye remover and it did absolutely nothing at all. It has the worst smell too.
10-30-2017, 11:26 AM,
I just did a re-attachment for the week and I tried something I have been wondering about, and glad I did. I took powdered concelar and using a round flat piece of cotton ( I think they are the things women use to remove makeup) I dabbed it onto the underside of the lace, sprayed knot sealer, waited about twenty minutes then did it again. Very nice hairline now.

I am not sure if it is needed to do it twice like I did.

Have a good week everyone!
10-31-2017, 06:43 AM,
This is very helpful thanks!