Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Hair Piece - How Do I Choose The Right Specs?
09-17-2017, 12:59 AM,
Custom Hair Piece - How Do I Choose The Right Specs?
Hi. Smile

I'm about to order my first hair system.
Two questions:

1. I have average density in the back and a little thinner hair on the sides. I chose 60-65% hair density. What do you think?
2. I have never made a template before. Can I make the template without having to shave all of my hair of on top? I still have hair on the entire top of my scalp, but it has become much thinner. I have the following options:

- Customer Will Send Template
- 6 inch x 8 inch A Curvature
- 6 inch x 8 BB Front Curvature
- 7 inch x 9 inch A Front Curvature
- 7 inch x 9 inch AA Front Curvature
- 7 inch x 9 inch BB Front Curvature
- 7 inch x 9 inch A Front Curvature
- 7 inch x 9 inch AA Front Curvature
- 7 inch x 9 inch BB Front Curvature

English is not my native language, so I have NO IDEA what they mean by "curvature" or "A", "AA", "B" or "BB". And what about the inches? What do they mean by the inches when they for example say: "6 inch x 8 inch A Curvature" - do they mean 6 inches across the head (in the direction of ear to ear") and 8 inches from hairline to the back?

I would GREATLY appreciate if anyone could help clear this up for me.
I'm about to order, but the uncertainty of this is what is stopping me.

(I tried contacting TopLace, but they haven't replied. It has nearly been a week now.)

Thanks!
09-17-2017, 01:56 PM,
RE: Custom Hair Piece - How Do I Choose The Right Specs?
Hi Remedy,
The 60-65% should be o.k. Depending on your hair style you might want to teak it on future orders but it’s a safe bet to start with. If you hair on top is thin it’s o.k. to make the template without shaving it off--it won’t make a significant difference. Many hair wearers wait until they receive their hair system before that shave their heads. The front curvatures--‘A’, ‘BB’, ‘C’, etc.---refer to the shape of the front hairline. It’s the recession that you chose for your hair piece. There’s examples of the curvatures on toplace.com under ‘How To Order.’ I’m including example of the front curvature in this post. The dimensions are the width of the hair piece from side to side and the length of the hair piece from the front hairline to the back. You want the edge of the hair piece to ‘but up’ to your own hair so that it’s a seamless transition Of course if you’re sending in a template (and hair sample) you only need to select ‘sending in a template’ and we will follow that exactly. Looking forward to helping you.
Thanks,
John
http//www:toplace.com