Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My very first hair system
09-10-2017, 09:43 PM,
My very first hair system
Hi.
I'm new here.

I'm a 23 year old male. I've been suffering from hairloss since I was about 18.
I almost always wear something on my head, and I have brenn doing so for the
last 5-6 years, actually - so no one really knows squat about my hair situation,
which to me is a good thing, since I am considering a TopLace hair system.
Hairloss has dealt a MIGHTY blow to my confidence to put it mildly!

My main problems are a high hairline and thinning on the top and a bit on the
sides.

I had my first FUT-hair transplant back in 2013. It went horribly wrong.
It looks very unartistic and straight up hideous. I used to take Finasteride,
but I stopped taking it roughly a year ago. I haven't really lost any hair over
the last couple of years. I have not the economy nor do I have the want to
get another hair transplant in the nese future.

The thought of wearing a hair system at my age makes me feel kinda pathetic,
but that's just me. I would rather wear it than continue hiding myself and
feeling like SHIT. A small sacrifice.

My initial plan was to have it done at "TotalCoverPlus", but compares to this
it costs hella lot! Not only that, but I would have to travel there ever month
or two in order to have it replaced, styled and fitted, which costs a small
fortune in itself, and I don't even live in England... and they don't even ship
their products. I have to admit it looks pretty Damn good and realistisc though.
Sleep, shower, swim and train in it - they claim on their site." Can I do the same
with the TopLace hair system? What I fear would happen is that some random
moron decides to pull on my hair or in some way make it fall off. How well does it
really stay on? Can you buy different sorts adhesives/glues with different strengths
for the hair system? How well is it actually attached to my head? Would it fall off if I run or swim under water or say whip my hair back and forth? Tongue

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could answer the following questions:

1. Should I order a custom hair piece or a stock unit?
2. What accessories will I need?
3. I see there are many base styles. I have no ifra what any of them are. Which one would you recommend?
4. How do I choose base size or make a template?
5. I wish to mainly wear my hair spiky. Should I choose the "freestyle" option?
6. What hair density would you recommend for me considering my age? I have always had pretty thick hair, although that thick anymore.
7. I read that TopLace has a personal hair stylist and that the hair piece can be sent
to her. Should I do this or can I just choose the freestyle option and basically style
and wear my hair any way I want it?

Thank you very much in advance!
This might just be the solution for me. It might just be what sets me free... cuzz this
hair situation is holding me back so very much.
09-11-2017, 03:58 AM,
RE: My very first hair system
What will I need to buy (accessories and such) other than the hair system itself?
09-11-2017, 01:34 PM,
Just search the threads bro you will find everything you need. Def dont go with TotalCoverPlus they are a ripoff and look like crap. I ordered a stock for my first just to see how I liked it but will be ordering a custom from Toplace soon. People on here get annoyed having to reanswer the same questions so just go through the forum and everything you are looking for is on here I promise.
09-11-2017, 03:48 PM,
Hi man

I agree with Sam, don't go with TCP. You'll get a better result from Toplace.

You can definitely sleep, shower, swim and train in a TopLace hair system (in fact in any system). And don't worry about it "falling off" - that simply can't happen. The glues are very strong. Provided you keep your maintenance up to date, the system is there to stay. Even if someone grabbed and pulled as hard as they could (which would be pretty antisocial behaviour) it wouldn't come off. They could pull hair out of the system, and maybe rip the base, but it wouldn't just come off.

Stock units are fine if you are in a hurry, and provided you can get a good colour match. Otherwise get a custom unit.

Obviously tape and/or glue. A good mirror. A brush with round-ended bristles. Lots of 99% isopropyl alcohol. Those are the must-haves.

3. I see there are many base styles. I have no ifra what any of them are. Which one would you recommend?

French lace is a good starter unit if you are into exercise etc.

You should make a template. There are lots of videos on YouTube showing you how to. Just Google hair system template.

Yes.

6. What hair density would you recommend for me considering my age? I have always had pretty thick hair, although that thick anymore.

Hard to say without seeing you. Maybe best to send John a photo of the density you want from a magazine.

7. I read that TopLace has a personal hair stylist and that the hair piece can be sent
to her. Should I do this or can I just choose the freestyle option and basically style

The system will come with long hair, and needs to be cut in - it's very unlikely that you will want to wear it in its uncut state. The Toplace stylist Debbie offers a good service for a very fair price. If you don't have a local stylist in mind where you live, it's a good option.

I hope this is useful, and that hair systems are the solution you are looking for. If you want to talk further off line you can email me on keltinthedelta at yahoo dot com.

Rich
09-12-2017, 02:05 PM,
Hey, check out my Youtube channel "hairexperience", you will find a TON of information for you there. I have only used Toplace since Day 1 and have always been more than happy with the products and service. Take a look at the channel and see if that info helps you!! Subscribe if you like it

Curtis
09-15-2017, 12:03 AM,
(09-11-2017, 03:48 PM)Baldrich Wrote: Hi man

I agree with Sam, don't go with TCP. You'll get a better result from Toplace.

You can definitely sleep, shower, swim and train in a TopLace hair system (in fact in any system). And don't worry about it "falling off" - that simply can't happen. The glues are very strong. Provided you keep your maintenance up to date, the system is there to stay. Even if someone grabbed and pulled as hard as they could (which would be pretty antisocial behaviour) it wouldn't come off. They could pull hair out of the system, and maybe rip the base, but it wouldn't just come off.

Stock units are fine if you are in a hurry, and provided you can get a good colour match. Otherwise get a custom unit.

Obviously tape and/or glue. A good mirror. A brush with round-ended bristles. Lots of 99% isopropyl alcohol. Those are the must-haves.

French lace is a good starter unit if you are into exercise etc.

You should make a template. There are lots of videos on YouTube showing you how to. Just Google hair system template.

Yes.

Hard to say without seeing you. Maybe best to send John a photo of the density you want from a magazine.

The system will come with long hair, and needs to be cut in - it's very unlikely that you will want to wear it in its uncut state. The Toplace stylist Debbie offers a good service for a very fair price. If you don't have a local stylist in mind where you live, it's a good option.

I hope this is useful, and that hair systems are the solution you are looking for. If you want to talk further off line you can email me on keltinthedelta at yahoo dot com.

Rich

Thank you very much! Smile
09-15-2017, 12:10 AM,
(09-12-2017, 02:05 PM)HairExperience Wrote: Hey, check out my Youtube channel "hairexperience", you will find a TON of information for you there. I have only used Toplace since Day 1 and have always been more than happy with the products and service. Take a look at the channel and see if that info helps you!! Subscribe if you like it

Curtis
Your channel is what brought me here.
Very helpful, ballsy and VERY honest!
Kudos to you for that! Smile

I sent TopLace an email some days ago, but haven't gotten a reply from them
yet, which kinda sucks, because I want to order a custom hair system as soon
as possible. I could always give them a call, I suppose. Only problem is that my
grammar is quite a bit better than my pronounciation.

Do I have to shave my head to make a template?
My hair on top has thinned by half of what it used to be, so it is just enough left
to be somewhat stylable.

Thanks alot!