Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help - Traveling and Forgot Lace Release
07-18-2017, 10:55 AM,
Need Help - Traveling and Forgot Lace Release
I'm on a business trip and realized I forgot to bring my lace release. This is the first time in 15 years of wearing that that's happened. Is there an over-the-counter substitute that can be used that won't damage the lace or the hair? Maybe rubbing alcohol or some other type of alcohol? I'm gone a week and a half which is too long to go without cleaning.

Has anyone tried to lather up with soap and warm water and remove it? I've never tried it but sometimes the lace feels loose when I'm washing my hair.
07-18-2017, 06:50 PM,
RE: Need Help - Traveling and Forgot Lace Release
Yes, 99% isopropyl alcohol does the same job. If you can't get that, rubbing alcohol (which is a lower percentage of purity) is better than nothing.
07-19-2017, 08:20 AM,
(07-18-2017, 06:50 PM)Baldrich Wrote: Yes, 99% isopropyl alcohol does the same job. If you can't get that, rubbing alcohol (which is a lower percentage of purity) is better than nothing.

Thanks for the help. The best I could find where I'm at is 70%. Hopefully that will do.
07-19-2017, 03:26 PM,
70% will do the job. Just takes slightly longer than 91%. Hope you have a safe trip!
John
07-29-2017, 12:50 AM,
(07-18-2017, 10:55 AM)myhair Wrote: I'm on a business trip and realized I forgot to bring my lace release. This is the first time in 15 years of wearing that that's happened. Is there an over-the-counter substitute that can be used that won't damage the lace or the hair? Maybe rubbing alcohol or some other type of alcohol? I'm gone a week and a half which is too long to go without cleaning.

Has anyone tried to lather up with soap and warm water and remove it? I've never tried it but sometimes the lace feels loose when I'm washing my hair.

I actually have lace release but I never seem to use it anymore. By the time I want to remove my piece (2 weeks usually) it's ready to peel off easily.

Otherwise, if your glue is a water based glue then using water will loosen up your attachment.