Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to start?
06-17-2017, 07:02 AM,
Where to start?
Hello everyone,

I've been browsing this site as well as other hairloss forums for about half a year now and have been thinking of taking the plunge. I have a friend who is a wearer that was going to help me start, but they seem to keep evading me after I had the fitting...

I've looked up bases, curl pattern, density, bleached knots, and all that jazz already. I pretty much have an idea of how I want to look, I just have no idea where to start or who to go to as I live in LA. I found a guy named Brian Gardea through this forum and contacted him but he is no longer in Los Angeles and gave me the name Kenneth micheals umberto.

Can anyone give a newbie some advice and direction in LA?
06-18-2017, 02:25 AM,
RE: Where to start?
Hi GhostGhost,
Getting started is the hardest part. After you’ve worn hair for a while everything becomes ‘second nature’ and you don’t have to give it much thought. You’ve done your homework--that’s good. The first thing you need to do is make a template. You can do that yourself or have a stylist or friend help you. It’s easy to do yourself. Sometimes having a friend or stylist help you gets you a second opinion on the shape of the hairline. Once that’s done you can mail in the template and your hair sample (color and texture match) to:

TOPLACE USA
PO BOX 577
WAYZATA, MN 55391
USA

888-986-7522

You can then place your order online and select base material, wave, hair length, etc. from the drop down menus. For template and hair sample just select ‘sending template/hair sample.’ Once the template and hair sample are received we’ll match them to your online order and process the order. Some people like to send in a photo of someone from the internet or a magazine of hair they would like to hair. The photo will be sent to the factory so the techincians can see the density, hair pattern, etc. so we get it exactly like you want it. While you’re waiting for your custom unit to be made you can review the toplace video by Ruben on ‘YouTube’ on how to do an attachment. It’s an excellent source of info from an experienced hair wearer. And please continue to check this forum. There are lots of people out there in the same situation as you with the same questions. Our ‘community’ of hair wearers will provide their comments and suggestions. Good luck.
Regards,
John