Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am close to taking the plunge! But need some assistance please
04-22-2017, 02:27 AM,
RE: I am close to taking the plunge! But need some assistance please
(04-21-2017, 05:33 PM)lovehair Wrote: sorry i do not have any experience with erin....the ONLY other stylist i do have experience with is from sevent sixes in i believe it was jersey city or newark....i had a truly terrible experience with that guy i will paste below my complaints sent to him.....that being said....if you get a custom, trim all the excess lace yourself and go with attached i think you could get a good cut in....if i remember correctly it was$100..

found the link, https://www.seventysixes.com/location-hours it is newark, duane is the guy and systems are done after 6 by appointement...just remember my advice from above should you go there....the following is my communication with him...essentially his answer was he can do my next cut in for $75 and that was when i decided to just send my template cut pieces to debbie

"first off i think you did a very nice job as far as the hair cut goes. but there are some issues that hopefully we can resolve .
when you did the template you made it four of your fingers from my brow line, which is fine, it is where i place it according to my fingers as well. the problem is that after the piece was cut you placed the system much further back than that, probably like six fingers+.
i think i know why. when the template was made it was fine, height, placement, width etc. BUT when you taped, removed and then cut the template from the wrap it shrunk. so when you cut the piece it was to small which is why you placed it so far back. otherwise the rear would not have reached the back of my head to provide the needed coverage.
when i got home i took a good look at the back and it is over an inch to short, more like 2+ inches. even if it had fit sufficiently that was suppose to be my good piece and i needed to detach to put back my other one which i use for work. it practically fell off with very little effort.
when i did take it off i placed your template on my head and it is tiny in comparison to the area that needs to be covered.
i saw you do the template i saw where you placed the front and there is no way you would have made it that small. like i said the hairline has to be placed at least six inches back from my brow in order for the rear to meet and that is not the way it was when you drew on my head.
i now have a piece that i can not use. unfortunately it does not stretch that far and stretching it to the max makes it much more narrow. additionally I'm sure that stretching like that would definitely impact its lifespan.
also when i took it off i noticed that you left over a quarter inch of lace along the entire front portion of the hairline, thats insane. i think only woman who wear lace fronts leave that much, i dont know. generally most men leave no more than an eight of an inch and others trim right up to the hairline (which is my preference).

i suggest for templates you get those very thin shower caps, i think they are used for processing, i'm not sure. but they work very good. you just pull it down on the persons head (don't try and stretch it), put a piece of tape around the circumference of the persons head to hold it in place and make the template as usual. there isnt any cause for concern as far as shrinkage goes.
i hope that you are willing to make some sort of offer to make up for this result, i will leave that solution up to you.
please do reply even if you have no intention to make some sort of offer.
thank you

hope ya found this info helpful and please heed my advice from above if you go there...maybe get yourself 2 pieces as a just in case

Thank you man! I truly appreciate it. At this point here is where I am at with the situation, well first and for most because I shaved my head about a week ago I need to let it grow in some before I can use the piece...I assume this is where I will get a little frustrated as I have a wedding next weekend to attend but I digress.

Secondly I did speak to Didi last night and I have to say she was actually very pleasant, I had asked her about a few different companies regarding units and she basically said whichever one I found first to go with as most of them are the same and any can be positive or negative ( I do like dealing with John) but with me being so nervous there is a 30 day money back option out there also, you know? HOWEVER, what she did say is that because I am new and do not have an exact specific idea of what I want she recommended going with a stock unit (problem with that is I dont know which stock unit to go with vase wise) and she would take care of everything else, I mean I like the thought of that but was hoping for your thoughts. She is not far from me as I am in the Hackensack area and she is in midtown. her price was $175 plus tax for the first cutin, including anything she needs to do to the system or me. Now Erin on the other hand charges $60 for a fitting if I want that done for a custom first time unit cutin is $100, and something about that does sound pretty neat as she will do the fitting for 60? Thoughts?

The Newark location is close to me also and would be nice and being a first timer I would much rather go with someone experienced as I would not of noticed half of the things you did!