Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Funny Read:Hell Toupee
04-15-2017, 05:51 AM,
A Funny Read:Hell Toupee
Just started reading a 2014 book by Mitch Friedman, "Hell Toupee: My Ridiculous Year with Hair Club for Men." Funny book, summarizing all his bad experiences with HCM. He described all the things I've read about HCM on this and other forums, but in a funny/sad sort of way.

It looks like he stopped wearing altogether since it was so frustrating. I wonder if he ever tried going it on his own?
04-18-2017, 12:36 AM,
RE: A Funny Read:Hell Toupee
I'm in two minds about stuff like that. On the one hand it ridicules hair replacement and puts people off trying it who might have found that it was the answer to their problems, and instead they are channelled into solutions like hair tattoos and hair transplants, which are far riskier, more expensive and produce a worse result. On the other hand it preserves the confidentiality around our solution. People assume that hair replacement means thick stinky wigs, because that is the only form of replacement that gets any publicity, so guys who wear a subtle lace hairpiece can fool everyone and keep it under the radar. I can't decide whether I want to be public-spirited or selfish LOL!