Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK guy pondering a partial piece
04-08-2017, 09:11 PM,
UK guy pondering a partial piece
Hey. I'm 31, from the UK.
I've never had a fantastic hairline, although i've manged to hang on too a good chunk of it over the years. Lots of my friends have gone completely bald in comparison.

Over the last 2 years or so though, i've noticed my hairline move back a fair bit, and also receding and thinning on the temples.

I've looked into hair transplants (would have to be abroad as UK prices are unbelievable!) but I don't think the coverage 'tends' to be good enough.

I also got diagnosed with cancer (i'm doing good though. Since it was removed they can't detect any on my last 2 checkups). Could be coincidence, or could be from teh stress, or could even be the small amout of chemotherapy I had, but this coincided with when my hair started to thin.
-----------------------------------
Anyway, here's my thinking:

I think i'd like to try a partial hairpiece.
I can't see a 'partials' tab/category on the website?
Does it just come under the 'custom pieces' category and i'd send in a template along with a hair sample?

Are the prices cheaper since it would be a very small piece or do they all fit under the price of 'custom'? (i'm not flush with money at the moment! lol)

I am in the UK - would I be having to send hair samples and templates via air mail

technicals:
Density - Would I send pics to you guys aswell to further help you help ME get a perfect match?

lasting time - Would the fact that it's a small front partial effect how long it lasts? Like I say, i'm probably not even in a good financial situation to be able to commit to this process, but I really want to experiment with it.

I've attached a pic to give you an idea.
I can attach other closer pics to give an idea of things like density and colour (sometimes my hair looks super light brown. Sometimes dark. It's odd!)

Attached Files Image(s)

04-09-2017, 02:41 AM,
RE: UK guy pondering a partial piece
Hi Chase

Glad to hear you have made a good recovery - stay well.

Most of your Qs are addressed to Toplace itself, and obviously I will let John answer those. But if you are looking at a piece as small as that, you could consider just buying a stock piece and cutting the shape you need out of it, provided John has a stock unit in your colour. You could probably get four or more partials that size out of an ordinary stock unit. I would strongly recommend sending in a hair sample to get a good colour match.

I get 4.5 - 5 months from my full systems, and I don't see why you would get any less from a small partial, although you should probably count on a bit less for the first one or two systems, while you are picking up the techniques.

All the best
Rich
04-10-2017, 08:07 PM,
Cheers Rich (and for the the email)

I'll await the thoughts of the toplace braintrust
05-22-2017, 06:14 AM,
Hi there

Apologies for not replying to this sooner, but I would wholeheartedly recommend going ahead with the front partial. I did exactly the same and it's done me well for nearly 4 years now.

Just go with a stock unit and you'll get anywhere up to 4 partials depending how careful you are. And each piece lasts way longer than 4 months. You may need to colour it from time to time but it's no hassle.

It's also an "easy" introduction into the world of wearing. I say this as someone who initially had a front partial, now been wearing a topper and front partial for 18 months and soon to switch to a single piece covering the crown to hairline.

Drop me a line if you have any questions.

Good luck

J
07-28-2017, 03:36 PM,
That's a good piece of advice you got there.