Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
French lace keeps coming loose on hairline
03-30-2017, 06:08 AM,
French lace keeps coming loose on hairline
Hey everyone!
Hope e everyone is having a great day. I bought a French lace and I had a stylist put it on. it's been about three days now. everything is holding fine except the front hairline. it's coming off skin a bit. it's noticable now if I slick my hair back you can see where it is coming off. But when it's glue in well you can't see it. Does anyone have opinions on how to fix this? Should I try using more glue? my forehead isn't too oily I'm not sure if that affects the bond. Is there anything I can try? The French lace has bleached knots as well. I was so happy when I got it and now it already looks like it's coming off in the front. Thanks for any help!
03-30-2017, 08:18 AM,
RE: French lace keeps coming loose on hairline
just follow the golden rules! its not rocket science!!!
make sure the areas clean using Isopropyl alcohol ,
both skin and lace(lace try to get 90% clean and dry(using hairdryer)
apply a thin layer of adhesive , to the skin
wait 10 mins or 15 until it drys clear from white, don't guess time it with a start time write it down
and that should give you a rock solid bond
I use perfect grade medical grade adhesive white glue, way cheaper and as good as orwg.
03-30-2017, 11:37 AM,
(03-30-2017, 08:18 AM)antywanty Wrote: just follow the golden rules! its not rocket science!!!
wait 10 mins or 15 until it drys clear from white, don't guess time it with a start time write it down
I use perfect grade medical grade adhesive white glue, way cheaper and as good as orwg.

thank you for the reply. I had the hair stylist do it so I thought I could trust them. do you suggest pulling it off a bit in the front and redoing it or taking the whole thing off and regluing it?
03-30-2017, 02:50 PM,
Hi fpstitan

It may not be the fault of the stylist, because different people's body chemistry is different, and so they get different hold times from the same glue. Maybe it is just that this particular glue is not the best one for you. Do you know which glue it was? Or it may be that they didn't do a good job, and they left oil on your scalp which has spoiled the bond. Could you perhaps post a picture of the hairline (obviously blank out the rest of your face) so we can see what is going on?

You shouldn't have to take the whole piece off. You can just flip the hairline back, using alcohol if necessary to release the bond, then clean up the lace and your scalp, redo the glue, let it dry, do a second layer, let it dry, and reapply your hairline. Press the hairline well into the glue with the side of a comb. As Anty says, the key thing is to make sure your scalp is free of oil. Also, do the reattach in a cool dry place so you are not sweating, and try to avoid significant sweating for at least 3 hours after applying, overnight if you can (so no gym).

Let us know how you get on.

Baldrich
03-30-2017, 03:36 PM,
(03-30-2017, 02:50 PM)Baldrich Wrote: Hi fpstitan

It may not be the fault of the stylist, because different people's body chemistry is different, and so they get different hold times from the same glue. Maybe it is just that this particular glue is not the best one for you. Do you know which glue it was? Or it may be that they didn't do a good job, and they left oil on your scalp which has spoiled the bond. Could you perhaps post a picture of the hairline (obviously blank out the rest of your face) so we can see what is going on?

You shouldn't have to take the whole piece off. You can just flip the hairline back, using alcohol if necessary to release the bond, then clean up the lace and your scalp, redo the glue, let it dry, do a second layer, let it dry, and reapply your hairline. Press the hairline well into the glue with the side of a comb. As Anty says, the key thing is to make sure your scalp is free of oil. Also, do the reattach in a cool dry place so you are not sweating, and try to avoid significant sweating for at least 3 hours after applying, overnight if you can (so no gym).

Let us know how you get on.

Baldrich

Hi Baldrich,
Thanks a lot for the response! I appreciate it. The glue used was walker tape ultra hold or ultra bond. I do tend to have oily skin. The hair stylist did try and free my forehead of any oils and did do a double layer. I think she might have not made the coat of glue thick enough. I'm not sure. Here is a picture of how the side looks when I pull it up. so far I'm having a bit luck hiding it by having my hair cover it but I'm afraid the rest will come loose before my glue comes in the mail. Do you have any suggestions for this?

Attached Files Image(s)

03-30-2017, 06:46 PM,
Hi Titan - I see what you mean. The bit of hairline that hasn't come loose looks great though, so I'm sure you are going to be able to get a good result when you have identified the adhesive which works best for you.

As an emergency solution, until your system glue arrives, you can use on your hairline the glue they sell for false eyelashes, which you should be able to get locally from a pharmacy or women's hair salon. What glues have you ordered?

One suggestion if you find it difficult to get a long-lasting hold from glue is to use Walkers 3-mil tape on your hairline. It is specially made for hairlines , and is virtually as undetectable as glue. It is actually glue sold in a tape format - once you remove the backing paper it is just a layer of semi-solid glue. I find it gives a very good hold for sports etc.

Baldrich
03-31-2017, 09:36 AM,
(03-30-2017, 06:46 PM)Baldrich Wrote: Hi Titan - I see what you mean. The bit of hairline that hasn't come loose looks great though, so I'm sure you are going to be able to get a good result when you have identified the adhesive which works best for you.

As an emergency solution, until your system glue arrives, you can use on your hairline the glue they sell for false eyelashes, which you should be able to get locally from a pharmacy or women's hair salon. What glues have you ordered?

One suggestion if you find it difficult to get a long-lasting hold from glue is to use Walkers 3-mil tape on your hairline. It is specially made for hairlines , and is virtually as undetectable as glue. It is actually glue sold in a tape format - once you remove the backing paper it is just a layer of semi-solid glue. I find it gives a very good hold for sports etc. There's one more thing I want to mention to you off-line if poss. Would you drop me an email on [email protected]?

Baldrich

Hi,
Email sent! Thank you once again for all your help. Look for [email protected]
04-23-2017, 07:25 AM,
(03-30-2017, 08:18 AM)antywanty Wrote: just follow the golden rules! its not rocket science!!!
Hi antywanty !
What is this the name of this glue as good as orwg ?
Just curious.
Thanks
04-23-2017, 07:30 AM,
perfect grade medical grade adhesive white glue
05-04-2017, 04:11 AM,
(04-23-2017, 07:30 AM)antywanty Wrote: perfect grade medical grade adhesive white glue

I can't seem to find this glue. Do you have a link?