Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Stock "As-Is"
03-30-2017, 03:11 AM,
Using Stock "As-Is"
I went with a stock piece, mostly due to scheduling issues preventing me from being able to wait for a custom at this time.

I have a large thin area, and kind of a big head. Is it possible to use the stock unit more or less "as-is" after removing the excess lace? With all of the hair on a stock, it is hard to tell for sure, but it doesn't look like the shape of my thinned area is dramatically different than stock unit itself. My thin area is basically your standard horseshoe shape.

Even though it is thin, I still have enough hair where making a template has proven difficult. My plan was... go with a stock, then make a template after the thin area is shaved down.

I think I'm psyching myself out now. After looking through the forum it seems like everyone who has used a stock cut the lace to make it work. I'd be pretty worried to cut the lace base itself. So I'm wondering if anyone has used the stock without cutting it down.

Thanks in advance.
03-30-2017, 06:09 AM,
RE: Using Stock "As-Is"
there's extra lace around the piece you have to cut anyway but you'll see it doesn't have any hair attached to it. just be really careful not to cut too lose to lace that actually does have hair on it or you'll lose some of that hair
03-30-2017, 07:17 AM,
Yeah I realize I have to cut the extra lace that goes beyond the hairline.

I'm wondering if it is insane to use it "as is" after that without additional lace cutting. It may not match my thinned area 100%... but it's about 98%. Given that, I'd rather not cut away any of the lace that has hair.

Thanks!

(03-30-2017, 06:09 AM)fpstitan Wrote: there's extra lace around the piece you have to cut anyway but you'll see it doesn't have any hair attached to it. just be really careful not to cut too lose to lace that actually does have hair on it or you'll lose some of that hair
03-30-2017, 12:12 PM,
If you’re 98% of the way there then it’s fine to go with that. Seeking perfection can be elusive.
03-30-2017, 12:54 PM,
Thanks! I just haven't seen anyone else say they've used it without cutting to a template. Given that I need most of the stock's coverage it seems like more trouble than it's worth.

(03-30-2017, 12:12 PM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: If you’re 98% of the way there then it’s fine to go with that. Seeking perfection can be elusive.
03-30-2017, 05:21 PM,
I actually have a stock template that I just cut the lace around and haven't cut further. looks fine!