Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iLace Questions
03-20-2017, 01:49 AM,
iLace Questions
(1) Can I have a hard part that runs to the front of the topper? How to do it?

(2) If I expose the front hairline, won't the iLace be visible?

(3) How short can the iLace topper be cut without showing join between swiss lace and iLace (assuming I have 60% density)?

(4) My system would have 60% gray (less visible knots), so is there any advantage to using iLace versus all SFS lace?

Thanks, everyone. Really enjoying this site & learning a lot.
03-20-2017, 10:16 AM,
RE: iLace Questions
Hi JaySon,
Here’s your answers:

1. Yes, you can have the part that runs to the front of the topper. Please provide a template or diagram with a line showing where you want the part. Also, since ILace has hair that is ‘sandwiched’ between two pieces of thin lace it is slightly thicker than French or Super Fine Swiss lace. You can instruct that you want 1” (or whatever amount) of French or Super Fine Swiss lace in front. This will give a more natural hairline. There is no extra cost for this.

2. Some people are just fine with all Lace. Others prefer the French or Super Fine Swiss lace front. If you’re in doubt I suggest specifying the French or Super Fine Swiss lace front.

3. The transition is vertually undetectable. You could cut your hair to 2”--no problem.

4. One advantage to ILace is that the upper layer of lace covers the knots. So ILace is especially good for dark hair since the knots are covered and it looks like the hair is coming right out of the scalp. Since you have 60% gray hair this issue is insignificant. The other advantage to ILace is that it holds the hair more securely do to the two layers of lace and the longevity of the hair system is longer.

Regards,
John
03-23-2017, 02:16 AM,
John - Thanks for the rapid response. I believe my next order will be for a unit with iLace. A couple more questions:

1. Is the TL iLace unit the same as what is called a "silk top" hair system?

2. Besides the SFS perimeter, is it possible to design-in 3-4 small (1-2 inch) pieces of polyurethane for attachment of tape or adhesives? I was thinking of adding a strip in front, 2 on the sides and one on top/back. The strips would be underneath the iLace so as to be invisible.
03-24-2017, 02:30 PM,
Hi Jay,
Yes, the ILace is also known as a ‘silk top’ hair system. And yes, we can add the poly strips too. These are hand-made custom units and we can make anything that you want.
Regards,
John