Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(PICS)Revised template with temple flaps
02-27-2017, 02:49 AM,
(PICS)Revised template with temple flaps
I posted my first template a few weeks back but had some tweaking to do after Baldrich offered some sage advice.

I added temple flaps so I could achieve a more realistic hairline.

The first photo you will see I scrunched my forehead to show where my wrinkles end.

Please offer criticism if you feel more changes need to be made.

I am getting all my ducks in a row so that my first piece is as close to perfect as reasonably possible.

https://m.imgur.com/a/G2toe
02-27-2017, 12:58 PM,
RE: (PICS)Revised template with temple flaps
The placement on head looks good, as do the flaps.

The only thing I would change is to round out the widow's peak so it's not so sharp. I have a system that had such a sharp peak and ended up rounding it. Generally, I think rounded/curved lines look more realistic for the front hairline.
03-01-2017, 01:05 PM,
I can't get the link to open. Could you re-post?
03-02-2017, 02:14 AM,
https://m.imgur.com/a/G2toe

Same link, hope it works for you
03-02-2017, 02:15 AM,
Jayson, thanks very much for taking time to look and critique.
03-03-2017, 01:58 AM,
Yes, that looks better. I would trim the hairline back about a quarter of an inch (just basically cut off the black line) and as Jayson said, soften the point at the front slightly. I am not sure you need the temple flaps - I thought your temples looked OK in your first template - but it doesn't do any harm to add them. You can always trim them off if you find you don't need them.

Best of luck, and let us know how it turns out.
03-03-2017, 08:57 AM,
Thanks very much for your help, fellas. I have to do some more homework on the right specs to create a realistic piece, then find someone who does cut-ins, and I'll be ready to order after that's taken care of. If you have any pointers, please send them my way via this post.