Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First hairsystem, need help (pics)
02-13-2017, 01:06 PM,
RE: First hairsystem, need help (pics)
Glad to help.

2. You have 2 options - (1) you make a template and order a custom system which is made to the shape of the template, so it is a perfect fit and you don't need to do any cutting, except cutting off the bare lace at the front; or (2) you order a stock system, then make a template of your bald area, then cut the stock system down to match your template. A custom system takes 6 weeks or so to make, whereas you can buy a stock system immediately if John has your color. Here is a video showing how to make a template: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KFQX0Bv_8N8

3. I think John can do flatback for you as a custom system. But flatback is more aggressively slicked back than these styles.

4. Honestly, I think the lower density you go for the more realistic it will look. Personally I don't think either of these photos you posted look very realistic, particularly not the one on the left. My unit is 80% and that is really dense enough. If you want to see what that looks like you can email me at keltinthedelta at yahoo dot com.

6. If you want to do the same as me (glue at the front and the rest tape) a good starter selection is Walker No-Shine tape and Davlyn Black glue. Also get some 3-mil tape as an alternative for the hairline. For solvent I just use 99% isopropyl alcohol, which you can buy cheaply in large quantities from a pharmacy.

8. Yes, just cut a little amount, like about a pencil, and mail it. It is by far the best way to get a good color match.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First hairsystem, need help (pics) - Baldrich - 02-13-2017, 01:06 PM