Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First hairsystem, need help (pics)
02-12-2017, 03:39 PM,
First hairsystem, need help (pics)
Hello, I choose my first system. Still more unclear than clear. I try to structure all the issues and problems of concern to me, and I hope for your help.

I want hairstyle something like this:
[Image: f3a6db43d404.png]

But I have o lot of questions about my first order:
1) Should I order TL100 or TL150? What better?
2) What size? Do most suitable 7 * 9? What does mean A, AA, BB?
What is more reliable to order? Bigger size and cut it, if will be some problems?
3) What style I should order: flatback or freestyle? ("flatback spikey back" only on site?)
4) What percentage of density need for this hairstyle? So, I do not really want too thickly.
5) What is the preferable length for that haircut? 6 inches?
6) What is the best to order: glue or tapes?
7) It will be seen the base of the lace like Travolta photo (with my hairstyle) or no? How to avoid it?
[Image: 1f6302199445.jpg]

8)What color i should order? I once used toppik "light brown", but it was lighter than my hair. Should I take a medium brown or brown?

Here some photos with specifically grown for this hair on my balding head. That there was a clear, color, forehead lines, and so on.
[Image: 07a27e14ddb6.png]
02-13-2017, 03:00 AM,
RE: First hairsystem, need help (pics)
1. The difference between TL100 and 150 is that 150 has a polythene ring around the back and sides, whereas 100 is just lace . The advantage of the ring is that it makes a good surface for tape and glue to stick to (better than lace) so you get a more secure hold, and it is also easier to clean the adhesive off. The downside is that the poly strip is slightly more detectable to the touch, so there is a chance someone could feel it if they were running their hands through you hair. Personally I think the poly is a good idea if you are very physically active and sweaty; otherwise not so much.

2. 7 x 9 is big enough for most people, and I think would be OK for you. Even if you are ordering a stock piece, you will still need to make a template of your baldspot, so that you can cut it to size. Once you have the template you can do the measurements. AA, B etc. are the shape of the front hairline. BB is the most receded, C is the least. The hairlines in those photos look like A contour.

3. Freestyle.

4. I suggest you let John guide you about density. Those photos both have heavy density. The one on the left looks like 100%, the one on the right (which I think looks more realistic) 90 or 95%.

5. The systems come with a standard length, which will be long enough for those styles.

6. Personally I use tape on the back and sides (for security of hold and easy clean-up) and glue at the hairline (for good undetectability). But this is a very personal choice, and you will probably want to experiment with various different combinations.

7. Don't worry about this; your lace will not show like that. It is hard to know what Travolta was thinking going out like that. For one thing, he has left far too much bare lace on the piece - the bare lace should be cut off much closer to the hairline.

8. Send John a small sample of your hair for the best color match.
02-13-2017, 12:04 PM,
Baldrich
Thank you very much! Now I rethink your explanation and more becomes clear for me. You really helped me.

2. So, I order 7 * 9 Further, when getting my order, I make a stencil and cut right to me. Do I understand correctly?
While it may better to order a smaller size 6 * 8?

What will be better with that hairstyle - A, AA, BB?

3. This will be the best option? I heard it flatback made specifically for this hairstyle, but there is no flatback on site.

4. If I order a 90% - it will be not so realistic? Or I should order less density? What is your opinion.

6. What kind of glue and tape and you would advise me on this site? And also the solvent.

8. This mean a mail envelope by classic post? Ok, probably I think about it.
02-13-2017, 01:06 PM,
Glad to help.

2. You have 2 options - (1) you make a template and order a custom system which is made to the shape of the template, so it is a perfect fit and you don't need to do any cutting, except cutting off the bare lace at the front; or (2) you order a stock system, then make a template of your bald area, then cut the stock system down to match your template. A custom system takes 6 weeks or so to make, whereas you can buy a stock system immediately if John has your color. Here is a video showing how to make a template: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KFQX0Bv_8N8

3. I think John can do flatback for you as a custom system. But flatback is more aggressively slicked back than these styles.

4. Honestly, I think the lower density you go for the more realistic it will look. Personally I don't think either of these photos you posted look very realistic, particularly not the one on the left. My unit is 80% and that is really dense enough. If you want to see what that looks like you can email me at keltinthedelta at yahoo dot com.

6. If you want to do the same as me (glue at the front and the rest tape) a good starter selection is Walker No-Shine tape and Davlyn Black glue. Also get some 3-mil tape as an alternative for the hairline. For solvent I just use 99% isopropyl alcohol, which you can buy cheaply in large quantities from a pharmacy.

8. Yes, just cut a little amount, like about a pencil, and mail it. It is by far the best way to get a good color match.
02-15-2017, 03:09 PM,
Once again, thank you very much!

2. Oh. It looks pretty difficult do it by myself at first glance. But I will try. Just do not understand how to do with the front hair line. It is also difficult to define the lateral boundaries of lace for my haircut.

4. So, I guess I'll order freestyle. It will be fine.

6. Well, maybe I'm will order 80% in this case.

8. It is possible to send along with the template at once?