Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets do this!!!
01-06-2017, 02:13 AM,
Lets do this!!!
Hi everyone,

I've been hanging around the forum for a few years now and have finally decided its time to do something about my hair loss.

A bit about me, i'm 33 from Melbourne, Australia and started losing hair when i was about 21. Over the years i tried Minoxidil and numerous other products but nothing seemed to work. As per the attached photos, my hair is still really thick in the front middle but without the hair on the sides, i just can't create a hair style that i'm happy with. I've also uploaded a photo of the hair style i'm hoping to achieve.

So basically I'm thinking of either shaving the whole front and putting in a frontal system, or keeping about 1cm of the front middle hairline and placing a system behind it so i have at least some real hair at the front.

I've been told however that my hair is too thick and would push a system up and that a transplant would be a better option. If i was happy to remove the system and shave underneath once or twice a week would you agree that hair thickness is not an issue? It makes sense but i was told it was a deal breaker for a system.

Anyways, I would very much appreciate any advice on what kind of system i should go for, and once decided, i'll get started straight away and post plenty of pics when the system arrives.

Cheers

Attached Files Image(s)

01-06-2017, 12:03 PM,
RE: Lets do this!!!
Hi Chickenliver

You're being spun a yarn. People's hair grows at a pretty standard rate. If you shave once every 10 -14 days that comfortably keeps your scalp clear enough for a system. Lots of us have a bit of growing hair under our systems, and it's not a problem.

You do have quite a lot of real hair left, but still, I can see why you would be thinking of a system at this stage, and obviously if you want to make the transition discreetly then its best to do it before people perceive you as bald. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to create the look you are going for in those photos, and I think it will leave you looking younger and fresher.
01-06-2017, 02:01 PM,
Hi Baldrich,

Thanks so much for the quick reply and glad to hear the thickness is not an issue.

I've printed the order form but am just unsure on the density and base material.

I'm pretty keen for the SFS front and French Base system through Toplace but would you or someone be able to tell me if this would last around 2.5-3 months? I'm basically just after the most undetectable system that would last this long.

Thanks again and can't wait to take the plunge!

Cheers
01-07-2017, 10:47 AM,
no, reason why It cant last at least *6 months , depends if you overstyle it or not. *generally not always were all different you're first hair system may not last longest as you may make mistakes in caring for it, later down the line subsequent systems will last longer once you learn how to look after them
getting used to caring for hair systems is part of the learning curve,
its not rocket science.
be gentle with the hair, washing with a good shampoo preff one which protects the colour and has uv filters,
and then wash with a conditioner ,
you'll feel the difference easier to brush through shinier,
biggest enemy of system hair is dryness as it gets no oils from the scalp as growing hair does.
bonding debonding isn't rockets science and you'll get pretty proficient at it until its almost second nature
keep hold of the old hair systems as you can use pieces of hair to temporarily repair and thining areas behind the hairline.
just cut to shape , make sure hair lies in the right direction and glue it in, I use ordinary superglue and it works.(for minor repairs)
enjoy looking 10 years younger
and a second chance at looking great
AnthonySmile
01-07-2017, 03:50 PM,
Yeah, I get 4 or 5 months each out of mine. You could get 6 if you were willing to treat them with kid gloves.

I would let John advise you about density - it is hard to tell from just a snippet photo. I would just say, as I am sure you've already gathered, that it's best to start with a low density, especially if you want to make the transition without anyone knowing. You can always increase the density gradually once you are wearing ("boy, that spinach is sure for thickening your hair!").
01-08-2017, 04:12 AM,
(01-06-2017, 02:13 AM)Chickenliver Wrote: Hi everyone,

I've been hanging around the forum for a few years now and have finally decided its time to do something about my hair loss.

A bit about me, i'm 33 from Melbourne, Australia and started losing hair when i was about 21. Over the years i tried Minoxidil and numerous other products but nothing seemed to work. As per the attached photos, my hair is still really thick in the front middle but without the hair on the sides, i just can't create a hair style that i'm happy with. I've also uploaded a photo of the hair style i'm hoping to achieve.

So basically I'm thinking of either shaving the whole front and putting in a frontal system, or keeping about 1cm of the front middle hairline and placing a system behind it so i have at least some real hair at the front.

I've been told however that my hair is too thick and would push a system up and that a transplant would be a better option. If i was happy to remove the system and shave underneath once or twice a week would you agree that hair thickness is not an issue? It makes sense but i was told it was a deal breaker for a system.

Anyways, I would very much appreciate any advice on what kind of system i should go for, and once decided, i'll get started straight away and post plenty of pics when the system arrives.

Cheers
01-08-2017, 04:18 AM,
Hi Chicken Liver - Firstly I am a wearer myself and from your photos I really dont understand why you
think you need a system - if I had your hair I would nt be going down the wearing route at this stage
- 5 years maybe
01-08-2017, 03:19 PM,
Thanks again guys for the feedback.

I've been to quite a few hair system places around Melbourne and the general consensus with durability is 4-6 weeks for a Swiss Lace and 2-3 Months with a French Lace. They do mention that the systems start to show wear and tear after these times which is why they recommend replacing the systems before anyone notices.

I definitely trust the advice on this forum over these places and it would obviously appear that they are just trying to sell me more systems. I actually had to walk out of one place where the girl there repeated "hair today, gone tomorrow" to me about 8 times. That was about 3 years ago and as you can see from the pics, hair is still there Smile.

Max - Firstly, thank you for your response, I agree i could leave it for a few more years and still have hair to play around with at the front. The main reason for me though is to transition to a system while i still have a lot of hair at the front so no one would really notice the change. Another issue for me is i don't have a flat head and missing the hair on the sides means i can't style my hair the way i want with short hair which is why i keep it longer. I'll post full before and after pics once the system arrives to hopefully show what i mean with the short hair look.

Just for reference I've decided to go with a Swiss Lace first at 65% density.
Other Specs are
Hair length - 3 Inches
Style - Freestyle
Wave and Curl - Body wave - Option 1

I've created the base design and will be sending the order via mail tonight with a hair sample also.

Will post pics as soon as the system arrives.

Cheers and thanks again for the support.
12-17-2017, 04:21 PM,
Please post pics , i would love to see it as I am also thinking about a partial frontal .
12-17-2017, 05:16 PM,
hey Cric,

I don't want to post my pics because of privacy, but if you email me I will let you see how mine works. Keltinthedelta at yahoo dot com

Rich