Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help--- Specs
11-27-2016, 05:35 PM,
Need help--- Specs
Hello forum readers,

I have been reading a few forums recently and I have decided that it is time to take the plunge and start wearing. Since , I am a newbie I have some questions for you awesome people. I would appreciate any help. I am attaching a photo of a hairstyle I am trying to achieve.

1) What kind of density should I go for ? I was aiming for heavy because I am still in my mid 20's

2) Should I go with body wave ?

3) I have straight hair on the sides, is there any tips for that ? Because I was looking at making a template and there were arrows to indicate the flow of the hair ? I am not really sure what they were for

4) Will the hair I get stay flat , because I would like it to poof up

5) I was aiming for a french lace and will use GOT2B glue for attachment. Any tips on that ? Are there any other products that are necessary if I am using GOT2B glue.

I know those are a lot of questions, and I know everyone is busy, but any sort of help would be awesome.

Attached Files Image(s)

11-28-2016, 11:58 PM,
RE: Need help--- Specs
Hi Cric,
Those are all good questions. And congratulations on ‘taking the plunge.’ You’ll be surprised at how this is going to change your life. You’re right about the density--it’s heavy. Order about 80-85% density. The hair is not perfectly straight as there’s a little bend in the hair. Body wave is way to go. When you first receive your unit it will look very wavy and you’ll think the factory made a mistake and didn’t do a body wave. But that wave comes out when the hair is combed and washed so please don’t be concerned. If you have normal side hair there’s no need to draw arrow for hair direction on the template. However if your own hair does not go up as far as the guy in the photo then you would need to draw arrows downward. The factory will follow whatever you put on the template and if there’s no arrows going downward then they’ll vent everything backward. The style is comeback. This will give you the ‘lift’ you want. It’s different than flatback venting which vents the hair at a steeper angle that puts the hair closer to the scalp--hence the name ‘flatback.’ Got 2 Be Glued is a good product. It’s simple and easy to use. The best part about it is that it’s water soluble. You only need to rinse it off your head and the hair system to clean it off. The downside of G2BG is that it is not a strong adhesive. But that’s not necessarily a bad thing as many hair wearers like to frequently remove there units to clean their scalps. Going longer than 2 weeks without removing your hair system can cause the scalp to itch. G2BG original purpose is to spike up hair. I get about a 5-7 day hold with it and I consider myself to be moderately active. Of course mileage will vary according to driving conditions. Hope this helps.
Regards,
John
11-29-2016, 08:46 AM,
RE: Need help--- Specs
John, this is so helpful !

I am still a little confused about the arrows being drawn downward. My hair line does not extend as far as the guy in the picture. I will be drawing the hair line about a quarter inch to where my hair line is right now. I think the arrows part is a little confusing. My side hair extends as far as the one in the picture, but it's pretty straight and kinda stands up.

I am used to spending hours messing around with hair fibers, so spending time cleaning up and reattaching will not be a problem ! I am just tired of having to use hair fibers and be concerned about not having a natural hair line and I think that the plunge is needed as I am reaching the state where I start feeling a little depressed.

But thank you so much for the help !

Any other product I should buy along with GOT2B ?