Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about it
06-01-2017, 06:44 AM,
RE: Thinking about it
Mr. Burns in an experienced wearer and certainly very good at it. But he makes his living in the tech industry as well as sings in a rock band. Wearing hair is just something he got good at over time. It’s not rocket science. Anyone can do it. It’s just a matter of getting the hang of it and having the right attitude (not being overy self-consciencious of wearing). You bring up a good question about the sensors. I’ve never seen that topic brought up on this forum. Is there anyone out there with experience in this? Any doctors that can respond?
06-01-2017, 04:20 PM,
Hi Hairspray

It sounds like you may be talking about being tested for sleep apnoea. If so, you will need to take the system off for that. But it is not a big deal - I just went in without my system and with a cap on. Once the sensors are positioned, you can put on a bandana if you like. No one needs to see you bald except the technician, but I'm sure they see plenty of guys who wear hairpieces, and they know to be discreet.

Obviously if you are having surgery on your head, you will also need to take your unit off. They will give you a paper surgical cap to wear. For other kinds of surgery, there is no reason why you need to take your system off or even mention it. Often the instructions say 'remove all jewellery, dentures and hairpieces', but I have been told by medics that you don't have to take that literally. If you are having your ingrown toe treated they don't need to know about your hair system!

There is no issue with airports either, in the US or elsewhere. There was some debate about whether the new hitech scanners could pick up the fact that someone is wearing a system. I think the consensus was no, unless you use clips to attach. But even if they do, the worst that could happen is that you get asked to go into a private sideroom and get your head patted. They are no way going to require you to remove it or mention it in earshot of other passengers.
06-26-2017, 01:13 AM,
07-14-2017, 03:48 AM,
Hey,

I want to thank everyone who wrote in here again. And I decided to start in about 2 weeks with my full cap. I will shave my head and glue it on my head like it's meant to be.

Sadly the full cap I ordered in China is not that good. I still have an older toplace unit which is better and I will use this.

Wish me that it works!

Thx
hairspray
07-14-2017, 05:52 PM,
Good luck Hairspray!
11-07-2017, 06:42 AM,
Hm, I haven't started yet. I went to a salon here in my city and she confused me. She said artificial hair was the state of the art.

Anyway, I want to ask a local mobile hairdresser. So I can ask that my hair will be cut in my flat.

I still have three questions/concerns:

1. Which is the best attachement method for a full swiss lace full cap? Is it possible to let some areas without glue, so my head can breath?

2. I am very concerned with sweating, especially when doing sports. It would be horrible if the piece would go off while doing sports and sweating. I have fear, because I sweat very much and want to wear a full cap.

3. Also another question in this area is, is it hot under a full cap?

4. And is it a problem if the full cap doesnt match my head shape exactly? It's a bit too big, even now while having hair on head (which I will shave off when wearing).

Thank you very much, guys!
06-30-2018, 07:16 AM,
Hey everybody,

I did it! I'm not wearing a full cap though, but a topper. It looks good and I'm happy. I will post some pics later.
07-02-2018, 04:36 PM,
Well done man. Looking forward to see yr pics.