Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about it
02-26-2017, 07:03 AM,
RE: Thinking about it
heres a great thread from the forum that should be of help http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?...=lining+up
also try searching u tube watching seeing will make everything a lot more tangible

as for airline , the advice changes every few months

use the search function in the forum to search through thousands of answers

regards
a
ANHONY
03-05-2017, 06:11 AM,
Thx antywanty!
04-04-2017, 08:44 AM,
Hey,

it's me again. I am about to do it. But I'm not sure how people will react to the change. I don't want to get in a situation where I am worse off than before.

Can you tell me some nice words?

Thx!
04-07-2017, 06:07 AM,
Hairspray,

I get your trepidation, but action is the most important thing, not words. We can hang around this forum all day being "nice" and speculating that no one will notice, but none of us can ever be 100% certain on that assumption. If things don't work out, shave that shit and call it a day. No one is gonna give you a hard time. Then let it grow back. At least you tried at that point.
04-07-2017, 09:22 AM,
As my hairdresser tells me
Nobody cares,you care you're mega self consciounce
As long as you follow the transition rules
And you're new hair system.is not to dense compared to what you had
Honestly it's worth it!
If modern hair systems were a laughing stock ,
They'd defeat the object
There on the whole amazing
Everyone imagines a wig to be the stereotypical old man's terrible peice
The best advice is to visit a hair club and request to possibly meet some wearers if they agree
04-08-2017, 05:20 AM,
The first time you go out in public is the most daunting, so do it in short bursts.

In my case, I needed my regular hair cut so I went to the hair stylist wearing my hair system (already cut in) but it was loosely attached so I could remove it for my own haircut. I was meeting two friends (a married couple) who were also to get their hair cut. The hair stylist knew I was going to wear my system, so she did not way a word. The guy's wife kept looking at me and commented that my beard had started to fill in. I sat down next to her husband and we chatted for 5-10 minutes when he looked at me and said, "You've got more hair!" I had previously told both of them I had a hair system and they dared me to wear it one day. They both wanted to see how it was made, so I popped it off my head and they admired the workmanship.

We meet regularly for our haircuts and the guy kept telling the stylist to just shave off my thin hair so I could go "chrome dome". That's when I told them I don't need to since I had a hair system. Everybody demanded to see how it looks, so several months later I sprung it on them. They are both very impressed and told me I should have done it a long time ago. The stylist had never cut a system before, so she wanted to do a cut in on my next system -- free of charge. I trust her, so maybe I will do it.

If you are careful to do a proper application, most people will not notice. It's the poorly applied, poorly designed (too dense, too low on the forehead, badly matched hair color) systems that get noticed.

Every time I put on my system, I am totally amazed at how much better I look. My philosophy is if you look better with it, then just freakin do it.
04-23-2017, 09:55 PM,
Hey,

thank you for your kind answers, guys! I appreciate your input very much! The thing is, I am actually using Toppik and my hair is dense that way and it looks ok. I have thinning hair, but I have hair all over the thinning (nw 5) area. It's thin, but with toppik it looks thick again. I dont have receeding sides or temple areas. And I once got a transplant in the frontal third, so there is also hair.

The transplant didnt grow very good, but at least it grew ok. And it's about the same density like in the areas behind. So I'm a good candidate for Toppik I think.

Honestly the toppik looks a bit messy, but I guess still ok. So now I am in front of the decision: Stay with the toppik, which is ok for me or try the hair system and risk something to get (even) better looking hair. By the way, I already ordered a hair system. It's currently made (not Toplace). The problem is, I always suffer when my hair looks thin. So if I try the hair system and it doesnt work and I have to shave off, I have to let me hair grow for 3-4 months until I reach my current situation again. I know already I would hate this time. But on the other hand, it's only a short time and i could go trough. But then this would mean the hair system has failed for me and it's no longer a choice for me. I hope not.

Also a problem I see with the hair system is flights by airplane and holidays. And you have to care for the hair system. You have to rebond and clean at least every week.

I'm not saying hair systems are bad or even that a hair system is a bad choice for myself, but I'm thinking about it. I now ordered, so in 1-2 months I will have my hair system and can actually decide to wear it or not. It's a full cap by the way. I like it more this way. I am not writing to criticise hair systems, I just want more input to be in a good situation to decide, whether I should wear the system or not. I could also wear the toppik some more years and then wear the system. That are my choices.

Thank you for reading and thank you for your input!
04-25-2017, 01:25 AM,
(04-23-2017, 09:55 PM)hairspray Wrote: Also a problem I see with the hair system is flights by airplane and holidays. And you have to care for the hair system. You have to rebond and clean at least every week.

1. I have gone for almost 6 months in India with lots of travel, heat, sweating, sun, domestic flights, buses, trains filled to the brim with people, getting wet at beaches, etc. No problems at all.

2. I currently rebond and clean the system every 2 to 3 weeks... and it now takes me just 30 to 45 minutes to do all of that. I shower and wash it every 4 to 7 days.
Ok, the climate here in Ireland is a little cooler and less sweaty, but it's very humid. I find that showering really cleans out the system fine, without having to reattach. The bond gets soft, wet and the system could move about. But when you dry off, the bond gets harder again and the glue sets itself again - sometimes, a shower can strangely improve your bond actually.

Only down point of 3 / 4 week attachments is that the glue seeps up into the hair roots and it gets a bit messier. But mirror slide + spray with alcohol + 2x shampoos and it's usually clean again. Smile
05-02-2017, 01:25 AM,
05-26-2017, 06:45 AM,
Dear Mr. Burns,

thank you for your answer! Sounds good what you write. But then I think, you are a pro in this field, so maybe I can't achieve the same. I don't know.

What is with US flights and what is if you have a surgery? Or even a surgery on the head? Ok, probably you don't get in this situation, but I am in the situation that I need a recording of my sleep. For this, they have to put sensors on my head. Does this still work with a hair system or what do I do? I don't get an appointment in the next few weeks.

I am now at a point where I think I will try it. But I want to know if there is not a big problem coming when I do it.

Thank you for your following answers!