Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about it
11-13-2016, 04:28 AM,
Thinking about it
Hello guys,

I have been thinking about wearing a long time. Actually I use concealors and it's ok. But it also doesn't really look like a full head of hair. My concerns with wearing are following.

1. I sweat really very very much. Is it possible to wear if you have this problem? Please tell me, if this is possible to manage. I don't need the exact clue or tapes right now. But this is probably my main concern.

2. Like I said, I use concealors. And people who know me, know I got hairloss. Is it tough to start wearing in this situation? Probably not as easy as it is when you just started getting hairloss and immidiatly start wearing.

3. I heard it's tough to find a hair stylist, who makes the first cut in. What can you tell me about it?

I want to wear a full cap. Actually I got one, but I never started wearing. Never got the balls to do it. Also it's to thick in my eyes. It's medium density.

The big problem is, my hair doesn't really look good with concealors and it's also getting thinner, so I have to look for other options, if I dont want to be bald.

Can you tell me a bit about everything? Thx!
11-14-2016, 10:08 AM,
RE: Thinking about it
i was in the same boat 6 years ago
its heartbreaking ,almost suicidal feelings depression,,
when you have no more hair for the nano fibres to attach to and you can see mounds of fibres like mole hills, its time to do it you've reached the end of the line with concealers

do you honestly think people would wear if they looks obvious?
of course not,
you're confusing old 70s 80's wigs with modern hair systems , there generations apart, and its not just a name a hair system is truly manufactured using modern methods ect.

best thing Iv ever done , talk about restoring youre confidence, its life changing, empowering,
and hair systems look Absolutely astounding,
no one would know, even close up
take it from me do it,
start living, stop worrying, look younger ,look great
11-25-2016, 10:41 AM,
Hi Hairspray - I can only support anty s comments . I ve only been wearing for 2 months
and wish I d done it sooner . I spent about 2 years reading the forums firstly looking for some miracle cure until I found myself looking at the system forums more and it slowly dawned on me
the only way i would get the hair I wanted - Instantly - was to wear a {whisper it } a wig .
That in itself is quite challenging from the practical side to the mental side . Its a steep learning
curve but with practice and patience a good result can be achieved .
What hastened my decision was a looming family wedding - even a seasoned hat wearer like moi
could nt wear my ball cap at a wedding . TBH I was fulled with dread as the day approached
I took the plunge and went all in and ordered a skin and lace . My hours of watching vids and
reading the forums kicked in and in short I made the template and somehow cut the base and styled it even if it did take about 3 evenings - remember take it slowly it wont grow back if you mess up .
Then came the mental side - what helped was the first time I showed my wife she liked it that
gave me the confidence to go forward so my first time wearing in public was at a large wedding
which was rather nerve wracking but I had positive feedback and thoroughly enjjoyed the day as a guy with hair instead of - the bald one even had a bridesmaid ask how old I was she thought
I was 40 something early 50 s - I turned 60 this year but now do actually feel 40 something
and I dont fear the mirror anymore . Its changed my life and instead of making excuses { m
now looking forward to Xmas and going out to restaurants etc .
Even so its still has its moments and at times can feel paranoid - sometimes I feel a bit of fraud
and think people can tell its a wig but I m pretty sure from observing people that no one has
noticed I wear - a lot of that is because it looks realistic and like anty says it restores
your confidence big time - so start living ......etc
11-25-2016, 02:35 PM,
Wanting to have back something you were born with is not f***ing vanity! You owe it to yourself to look as good as you feel.

In the end, everything you fear will likely never come to pass (FEAR = F(alse) E(vents) A(appearing) R(eal))

I wear a full cap. After messing around for several months, I look awesome. I get compliments all the time on my hair from women, even a really hot women who is doing electrolysis on my unibrow who is all over me (always grabbing my muscles) (she's married and her husband works there Sad ). Even though she's right on top of me, and was a hair stylists before, she hasn't noticed.

Like antywanty,I have been through major depressive disorder because of this, it cost me years of my life I will never get back. Bite the bullet and do it. The only way to kill fear is to attack it head on. You are very fortunate to be here at this time, when in the past, guys didn't have it so good with this stuff.

I'll stop my rambling, but you need to put this behind you and pursue your goals in life without this bulls**t hanging over you all the time. Your future self (20-25 years from now) will understand, trust me.
11-30-2016, 05:16 AM,
1. I cycle, teach yoga and also swim. Sometimes in very hot conditions with bucketloads of sweat (have you done Ashtaga yoga?). It's no problem with good tapes and a glue hairline.

2. It's ok and it's better than going from bald to hair. I did it, and people noticed a positive change. But because my hair looked natural and good, people didn't ask so many questions and just somehow "accepted" my new look.

3. I would say it's very tough to find the right styist, so I decided to do it all myself with the use of videos, and a magical device called a Robocut Smile

(11-13-2016, 04:28 AM)hairspray Wrote: Hello guys,

I have been thinking about wearing a long time. Actually I use concealors and it's ok. But it also doesn't really look like a full head of hair. My concerns with wearing are following.

1. I sweat really very very much. Is it possible to wear if you have this problem? Please tell me, if this is possible to manage. I don't need the exact clue or tapes right now. But this is probably my main concern.

2. Like I said, I use concealors. And people who know me, know I got hairloss. Is it tough to start wearing in this situation? Probably not as easy as it is when you just started getting hairloss and immidiatly start wearing.

3. I heard it's tough to find a hair stylist, who makes the first cut in. What can you tell me about it?

I want to wear a full cap. Actually I got one, but I never started wearing. Never got the balls to do it. Also it's to thick in my eyes. It's medium density.

The big problem is, my hair doesn't really look good with concealors and it's also getting thinner, so I have to look for other options, if I dont want to be bald.

Can you tell me a bit about everything? Thx!
01-21-2017, 12:14 PM,
Hey, thank you for your answers, guys!

My main concern is still the one with the sweating. I have fear that the piece could get off and that I have to do reattachment every 2-3 days.

If that wouldn't be a problem, I would go for it.
01-23-2017, 08:49 AM,
(01-21-2017, 12:14 PM)hairspray Wrote: Hey, thank you for your answers, guys!

My main concern is still the one with the sweating. I have fear that the piece could get off and that I have to do reattachment every 2-3 days.

honestly i do an hour at the gym, 30m cross trainer 30 rowing, twice a week. I sweat its a perception, hair systems don't just fall off!
youd have to be in a oven before the adhesive broke down from a solid bond then turns to jelly then it will slide
I don't bother with pre deodorant a decent bond should get you up to 2 weeks plus over the winter months. less in the summer
my current hair system (not toplace) has lasted me 5 half months
just do it because hair loss is hell
find a decent , honest, stylist, recommendation is best
enjoy looking 10 + years younger
02-05-2017, 03:41 AM,
(01-23-2017, 08:49 AM)antywanty Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 12:14 PM)hairspray Wrote: Hey, thank you for your answers, guys!

honestly i do an hour at the gym, 30m cross trainer 30 rowing, twice a week. I sweat its a perception, hair systems don't just fall off!
youd have to be in a oven before the adhesive broke down from a solid bond then turns to jelly then it will slide
I don't bother with pre deodorant a decent bond should get you up to 2 weeks plus over the winter months. less in the summer
my current hair system (not toplace) has lasted me 5 half months
just do it because hair loss is hell
find a decent , honest, stylist, recommendation is best
enjoy looking 10 + years younger

Hey,

thank you for your answer! Is it possible and can you handle it to reattach and maintain your hair system for yourself or would you suggest a stylist?
02-05-2017, 08:49 AM,
i do my own debonding , touch ups, its not actually difficult ,it takes getting used to into a routine, then finely tuning the routine
as to what you don't need to be doing and what's essential.
as for styling, cutting in, I leave that to my hairdresser who I buy my system from, this ones lasted me over 6 months
(not top lace )
02-25-2017, 09:57 AM,
Thx antywanty,

are there ways to make sure, you have your system in the right angle and right place when doing rebonding?

And can you fligth with a hair system without problems and take your glue and things you need with you in a plane?