Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are realistic temple flaps actually possible? Pics
11-13-2016, 12:49 AM,
Are realistic temple flaps actually possible? Pics
So I currently wear a crown partial with a small front partial at the hairline as I have hair inbetween, but am looking at a topper for my next system with hairline and temples.

The question I want to ask is where realistic temples are actually possible with a system? Temple flaps are the topic of much conversation, but I've yet to see an example of temple flaps which look realistic and blend with the general haircut.

Also, has anyone got experience of temple flaps using thin skin? I'm keen to stick with thin skin but only if the temples can be reproduced in a strong manner.

I'd be interested to get your thoughts on this.

Cheers

J
11-13-2016, 09:55 AM,
RE: Are realistic temple flaps actually possible?
So this piece would be an extended front partial that would bring both the hairline forward and fill in temple recession. Correct?
11-13-2016, 07:29 PM,
It would be topper covering from the crown to the hairline, with temple flaps.

Would it be possible to have the whole system as a TL700?

Any photos of examples would be fantastic.

Thanks
11-14-2016, 02:22 AM,
Sure-we can do a topper with template flaps in the TL 700 New Generation (super thin skin). I checked the photo archieves and wasn’t able to find a photo of a unit with temple flaps--sorry. But I did find and example of what a template with flaps would look like. It’s a good idea to send in a photo of what you’d like your hair to look like (magazine, internet, etc.) so that the factory can see what direction you would like the temple flaps vented in (downward, back, downward/back).
Regards,
John

Attached Files Image(s)

11-14-2016, 09:45 AM,
Great, thanks for that.

In your opinion, can you achieve the same realism with thin skin in the temples as you can with lace?

And if anyone has examples of good temple flaps (preferably with thin skin but would be good to see lace as well) then please post.

I've seen fantastic examples of hairlines but oddly not of flaps, so I was wondering whether this is because the finish for temple flaps isn't as good as for the hairline.

Thanks

J
11-15-2016, 11:03 AM,
Hi John,

Really keen to get your thoughts on whether you can get as realistic results in the temples with thin skin as with lace. Will be having my template made soon and will be making a decision.

It's interesting that no one has comment on realistic looking temples with systems...is this because the temple area is a bit of a challenge? Interested in the thoughts of the knowledgable Toplace crowd.
11-18-2016, 01:55 PM,
You can get as realistic a look with skin temple flaps as lace. But there can be conditions where one might work better than the other. Can you send a pic of how you want your hair to look so I can see hair style and density?
12-01-2016, 01:23 AM,
Twisty, have you seen my latest post with the video link? I've been using temple flaps for years and I wouldn't go without them - they are invaluable to me, and they work fantastically.

Without them I would have had serious WFS (wife forehead syndrome) for the past 7 years. My first 3 years of wearing I didn't need them so much.
12-18-2016, 04:13 AM,
Wow Mr Burns, absolutely loving the style, looks incredible!

So in your opinion John and TL, is the attached style a good one for a thin skin base with flaps?

Many thanks

Twist

(12-01-2016, 01:23 AM)Mr.Burns Wrote: Twisty, have you seen my latest post with the video link? I've been using temple flaps for years and I wouldn't go without them - they are invaluable to me, and they work fantastically.

Without them I would have had serious WFS (wife forehead syndrome) for the past 7 years. My first 3 years of wearing I didn't need them so much.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-18-2016, 03:35 PM,
Yes, that’s an easy style to wear for any type of base. Since the style is comb forward you don’t have to be concerned about the hair line. It is the easiest of all hair styles.
John