Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First hair system
11-02-2016, 05:48 PM,
First hair system
Hi guys,

I am 29 and have been having a hair loss for the longest time, I recently got my cut in and I got a Custom Unit - D-TL 300 I-Lace-Priority with a 65% density custom made with my template and hair sample. Here are the pics of before and after and how messy the hair line looks, can someone tell me if this is how the hair line is supposed to look? What can be done to hide the hairline from looking like that?

Attached Files Image(s)

11-03-2016, 07:37 AM,
RE: First hair system
How can the front hair line look better?
11-03-2016, 12:52 PM,
Hi Shabarinanth

Your system looks really good, apart from the hairline - excellent color and texture match. You really suit having your hair back.

The photo of the hairline is out of focus, and it would be good if you could post an in-focus shot. But from what I can see I think the most likely problem is that the glue got damp before it was fully cured, and has turned white, so that it is showing up under the base. What adhesive did you use?

In general, you have to avoid getting the glue wet for at least 4 hours after you apply it, and ideally 24 hours. So if you live in a steamy climate, do your application in an air conditioned place and stay in the aircon for at least a few hours. Obviously no gym or other sweaty activity.

Do you think that could be the explanation?
11-03-2016, 09:46 PM,
i do the gym twice a week a hour, and do I sweat ,
no problem wearing thin skin(poly) wearing 6 1/2 years now.
I don't use orwg anymore its great adhesive, but overpriced,
next best adhesive that rocks and is way cheaper,

Perfect 6oz Hair Replacement System Wig Medical Grade Adhesive around £35 £45 uk pounds
golden rule for a solid bond, clean and dry scalp,
leave adhesive to dry for 10 mins, time it, don't guess it
that's it, its not rocket science
11-08-2016, 09:51 AM,
@Baldrich here is the hairline pic,

my piece itself had a white base on the bottom, the white you see is actually the base and we used tape to attach it and not glue, not sure, if the piece is faulty or the stylist did a bad job cutting it in

Attached Files Image(s)

11-08-2016, 03:12 PM,
Hi Shabarinath

If that whiteness is the base, then there is definitely something wrong. The base should either be transparent plastic ("skin") or fine transparent mesh ("Lace"). Either way, it should disappear when glued onto your skin, allowing your natural skin tone to show through.

I have never seen that problem before.

I can't help any further without seeing the underside of your base.
11-08-2016, 04:15 PM,
@baldrich, I will get you a picture of the base day after tomorrow