Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed! Bad reaction after first attachment
10-10-2016, 04:17 AM,
Help needed! Bad reaction after first attachment
Hi! got my first system about a week ago and did a fairly succesful attachment the same day. Apart from that I accidently cut some hair among the edge when I trimmed the lace to the right shape. I looked really good in my opinion. So far so good.

But after a couple of hours I started to have a really hard time breathing and my blood pressure became really high. So I had to remove it. This attachment was made with low profile tape and walker safe grip. So I tried a homemade glue that I found the reciepe for here on the forum for a couple of days. Well that worked but the edges released i bit to easy. So i tried another attachment with no shine tape and safe grip. That gave me the same reactions as I got from the first attachment. So I removed the glue but kept the tape and my breathing and blood pressure got better.

I have had the same reactions from certain chemicals that I were exposed to on my previous work. These reactions are mainly not from allergy, they come from that my body absorved something from the adhesives. I am writing this mainly because i need help to help to find some adhesives that are safe for me to use and that give a low detectebillity if I were to expose my hairline. So if you have any advice, please help me and sorry if this is a bit hard read, english isnt my native language.
10-11-2016, 03:20 AM,
RE: Help needed! Bad reaction after first attachment
Hi Macgyver,
So sorry to hear about that. Reactions are very rare as all tapes and glues are tested and approved at the state regulatory level. You’re the first one I’ve heard of that had a reaction to Walker No Shine tape and Safe Grip. But people can have allergic reactions to just about anything--including milk, peanuts, dust mites, latex, mold, etc. It’s your body’s immune system that thinks there’s an issue. For newbies out there we always recommend that you do a test patch of the glue or tape on hand to make sure there is no reaction. I’ll send you a variety of tapes and glue for you to try and hopefully you won’t react to it. There’s some ’trial and error’ to determine what works for you. Good luck.
Regards,
John
10-11-2016, 11:39 PM,
RE: Help needed! Bad reaction after first attachment
I think you are absolutely right about that its my body thats the problem and not the products themself. Probably wouldnt I have reacted to these products a couple of years ago. But the job I had before has made a lot of people allergic or at least sensitive to plastics and solvents.

You are a very generous man John! That would really help me alot. I doubt that any other company in the business would be that helpful. You just made my day ?