Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First cut in: Never had temple points (pics)
09-14-2016, 05:05 AM,
First cut in: Never had temple points (pics)
So, im going in soon to get my first piece fitted. I'm 25 and I've never actually had full temple points, even when I was 12 or 14 or any age at all. I can look at pics of me as a kid and no temple points. My hair has always just gone straight down on the sides and, even when I had full hair, my forehead was always big. I'm not really looking to change this. My hairline is still where it was, I can tell because I've had a scar on the top of my forehead about the width of my index finger below where my hairline was and its maybe receded the width of my pinky from there. My main issue is density and the complete lack of bangs.

Because I've never even had temple points and my hair has always just grown on top of my head, even when I was a kid or in high school, I'm thinking of going with a receded style or even just having them out the piece where my hair currently is without really bringing it further down my forehead. Maybe bring it down about the wide of my pinky but not much. Do you think this will match the sides better? I'm worried a low hairline would look weird without temple points and I also don't want create things, like temple points or a low hairline, that I never had in the first place.

My stylst mentioned bringing it down to the scar (see pics) but I think it will be too low, what do you think?

I want to avoid going from someone who is visibly losing their hair to someone who has a full hairline with no loss. Is it possible to get a realistic recessed look on a young 25 year male?

Also, I'm wearing topik fibers in the pictures, so my front is actually much much thinner than it appears. I'm about an NW3, according to my stylist.

Attached Files Image(s)

09-14-2016, 05:08 AM,
RE: First cut in: Never had temple points (photos)
Pic 2

Attached Files Image(s)

09-14-2016, 03:05 PM,
RE: First cut in: Never had temple points (pics)
Yes, I think your instinct is right - if you brought it down to the scar it could look a bit unbalanced. If you keep it where it is but replace your thin Toppiky hair with nice healthy hair, that will look good. You could, either now or on a subsequent unit, bring the hair down a bit - I would say about halfway to the scar - without it looking unbalanced. Once you get your hairpiece you will be able to experiment by moving the hairline a bit forward or back to see how it looks.