Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ORWG Questions
08-31-2016, 11:32 AM,
ORWG Questions
I've been researching ORWG on this forum and will probably try it next. I found a lot of information about applying it but not too much about cleanup so I have some questions about that. I appreciate any help that anyone can offer!

What's a safe but effective way to cleanup ORWG from the scalp? My skin is pretty sensitive and I tend to have allergic reactions to harsh chemicals so I'd rather use milder cleansers/solvents rather than things like tar remover or mineral spirits if possible.

Does ORWG offer easier cleanup than tape?

Does ORWG standup well to moisture/humidity? I live in a relatively hot and humid environment. Also, I'm pretty active and in a typical week I might go swimming in the ocean and get sweaty a few times from working out. I used Walker No Shine tape and it stood up pretty well to moisture but I found that cleanup from my scalp was a major time killer. Also, my scalp was getting irritated from the tape and the cleanup process.

What's a good source for ORWG in the US? I saw it listed at another site but I'm not sure if that's a trusted source for it.
09-01-2016, 12:33 AM,
RE: ORWG Questions
Hi ActiveGuy,
A good tool for cleanup, and this includes all glues, is 91% rubbing alcohol. Some people like to use an alcohol pad or just dipping a cloth in the rubbing alcohol and swabbing the scalp will do the job. Rubbing alcohol is your friend. It’s great for giving you extra time to adjust the unit before the tape/glue kicks in and it’s also great for cleanup. I keep a small jar with a screw on top in my bathroom kit and use it all the time. Is cleanup easier than tape? Yes if use compare it to a strong tape like Super Tape or Walker No Shine. These are medical grade tapes and they’re very strong. Not sure of a good source for it--sorry.
Regards,
John
09-12-2016, 04:54 AM,
I have been using orwg for a few years now. The answer to your first question about clean up really depends how long you wear for i wear for 2 weeks work out 5 days a week shower every day its holds up pretty well for me.

The clean up for me i use c22 citrius solvent spray just put a sweat band on to stop it running in my eyes use it to remove the system then just massage it into the glue which will start to go all gooey leave for about 10min jump in the shower lots of shampoo i use loreal everpure moisture shampoo depending how much has got into your hair it can take upto 10min to massage all out.

I rarely get any irritation and i have very sensative scalp i always prep my scalp with HeadBlade Clear Head Post-Shave Bump Treatment.

Its all trail and error really good luck
09-15-2016, 01:25 PM,
Thanks John and mickeyblueyes for the very helpful info. I'll give ORWG a try and see how it goes.
10-19-2016, 05:45 PM,
Hey guys,

So, I've been looking to make another order of ORWG but it says delivery is all the way out to December. Anybody have any other sources than Ebay?

Thanks!
10-20-2016, 08:52 AM,
I ve just ordered some ORWG through Amazon no problem and will be delivered in a few days if that helps