Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help and advice needed
08-21-2016, 09:04 PM,
Help and advice needed
So I've been only wearing a system for 3 days. So far it's been a bit of a disaster unfortunately... I'm polly on the back and sides and have a lace front. The tape I use (unbranded as the uk company I use rebrand everything with there own branding) has held the entire time. The lace front with white glue (again unbranded) I'm lucky to get 3-4h before it turns white and gummy and that's with the addition of a scalp protector being applied beforehand (KP skin med).
I'm very active, 4-5 days in the gym, heavy weights and cardio and naturally I'm a very hot person ... The London Underground is clearly going to be a batting ground for a sweaty brow.
Currently I have another week off and have ordered 6 different glues to try (not cheap but it's amazing to have hair again so I'm doing everything I can to make this work)
Will keep you posted on how things go, additional advice will be well received also!

Looking for a stylist who's system friendly in SW London also, the place I got the system from is £65 per re-groom and ideally I'd like to get my haircut every 2 weeks so this will soon get ott.
08-22-2016, 10:31 AM,
RE: Help and advice needed
Hi GettingHair,
Sounds like you’re using questionable tape and glue. These unbranded products (or re-branded) are inferior. Today’s quality tapes such as Super Tape and Walker No Shine tape are medical grade products and bond for 2 weeks and longer--even on oily scalps. A good bond is essential to looking good with a hair system. It may cost a little more but going with a name brand glue or tape is well worth it. You got started on the wrong foot with hair wearing but you can get back on track quickly. Here’s a stylist in London that can help you--tell her that John at Toplace USA send you:

Jo
Forever Hair
7 Goodwins Court
St Martins Lane
London
WC2N 4LL
United Kingdom
08-22-2016, 08:43 PM,
Thanks John, I will let you know how I get on!
09-05-2016, 09:21 AM,
Firstly want to thank John for recommending Jo, she's been great!

Still looking for advice however so comments welcome, update so far... The white glues are a no go for me, every brand has only given a few days hold and when I'm hot the glue turns white.

I've been using ultra hold, it's clear and giving me roughly 6 days of hold. Ideally I need to get this to 2/3 weeks or my scalp is going to start to take a bit of a battering from the taking off and reattaching, not to mention the cost involved here....

Have any other active guys had similar?

Thanks
09-05-2016, 12:06 PM,
Have you tried 3 mil tape for the hairline? It is not really tape, more glue in a tape format - there is no plastic strip. I find it works better than glue in sweaty situations. The look is not quite as good as glue, but pretty good - probably good enough unless you are scraping your hair back for a 100% exposed hairline. Worth a try.
09-06-2016, 01:15 PM,
Good suggestion Baldrich. It works good for me.